new version is available. Enjoy

24.12.2012 - Locus 2.8.3

21.12.2012 - Locus 2.8.2

8.12.2012 - Locus 2.8.1

new version is finally available. Enjoy

6.12.2012 - Locus 2.8.0

after more then two day long fight with Google, new version is finally available. Enjoy
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

I wonder what the internal themes are doing.

left "internal cycle" theme vs. right Volatile_Cycle_MTB. (with openandromaps)
(click on picture for better view)
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

@jusc:
Where can I get your Volatile_Cycle_MTB theme?
Is there additionally a hike theme available in your style?
  •  

jusc

It´s still not published at the moment, because I´m waiting for kech61. He still optimizes his OpenAndroMaps.
But you can test or compare already the maps with the older Volatile_Cycleroutes Theme and off course with his original andromaps_hc theme.
I ask only, because I´m not sure what is the diffrence between internal "Rad" (cycle) and "Tourist" (hike?) theme. In my eyes they should include special informations for cyclists like cycle relations or for hikers the hiking relations. But maybe, that menion has other reasons?
Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
New intern styles work correctly only with new "Locus" vector maps that are available via Locus store. I'll prepare more information about it. Locus vector maps have some new tags and for this reason there is no backward compatibility with OpenAndroMaps and vice versa. Intern style cycle with new vector maps in attachment
  •  

jusc

That is good news. Thank you for information. I missed "cycle maps" in the past One reason to come back to Locus store. ;)  
So one question for next updates. Is it possible to get Information about used theme and/or overlay on map screen, possible next to name of used (vector) map?
Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

Detailed information about new Locus vector maps and styles for cycling, hiking and car driving on our blog http://www.locusmap.eu/news-in-locus-2-8-x
  •  

tommi

Bad list of options in POI cog-wheel:
http://db.tt/kmNJMRo9
This was better in in in 2.7.x testing versions  :(
  •  

gynta

works here

Menion

this menu is generated from content of applications you have in your device. Anyway menu for tommi isn't generated perfectly. I'll improve it a little bit, so check it next time tommi
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"this menu is generated from content of applications you have in your device.
Strange, Maps is on the device (Nexus 7) and Earth isn't installed doubly. :D
Quote from: "menion"Anyway menu for tommi isn't generated perfectly.
Menion becomes a business man, nice paraphrase  ;)
Quote from: "menion"I'll improve it a little bit, so check it next time tommi
Thank you, of course I'll do.
  •  

Menion

fine. Just for your info. I have now probably (again some troubles https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... y_10756467) updated Locus version to 2.8.1. In this version anyway all will works wrongly for you as now. I have anyway this issue fixed in my current test version, so you'll be able to check it once new version will be on dropbox for testing, not in new 2.8.1
  •  

jusc

Today I tested version 2.8.0. Baro track recording wasn't better as in version 2.7.x. :cry:
Regards J.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "jusc"Today I tested version 2.8.0. Baro track recording wasn't better as in version 2.7.x. :cry:
Report was also made here: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ure_sensor
  •  

jusc

But I was the first. :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?p=17693#p17693

Are you sure that your example was correct measured? For me it worked only if I added a waypoint, but not while a track was recorded.
Regards J.
  •