Right Panel - Gone!

Started by Bob Denny, November 24, 2012, 02:38:45

Bob Denny

I cannot seem to get the right panel to appear, no matter what I set the hiding settings to (including Never). I have buttons selected for it, and it used to appear, but at some point is stopped appearing. I have attached my settings.
  •  

gynta

check this settings:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... map_screen

The style map control - allow to choose method, how to control a basic functions on the map screen by fingers
Locus - double tap: show hidden buttons on the map screen
Google - double tap: zoom in; two finger tap: zoom out; three finger tap: show hidden menu

and
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... enu_hiding

Bob Denny

gynta -- I know about this, and have the setting for right panel hiding set to Never Hide. It still is not showing. I have also set the top and bottom panel "auto hide" to "off" so they always show and do not need the double-tap to appear.
  •  

Menion

uff, I was little bit confused when I was checking where is problem ...

anyway problem is simple. Your right panel do not appear, because it's empty :). If you try to add new button to right panel, you may notice black "ok" symbols on the right of every function that is already on screen. But because you use five buttons on top panel, it was little bit confusing for me :). So I think that all works correctly, just add some buttons to right panel

question for me is, whether you had any icons already added and they disappear or not?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Have you already tried to add a new button from functions list?
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Bob Denny

I can't find that setting. I think it is accessible from the right panel itself, which is not visible.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Bob Denny"I can't find that setting.
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:set_right_panel

Menu > Functions > Set right panel
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:functions

Bob Denny

GOT IT! Now, there were 7 items shown with checkmarks in the "Set Right Panel" list. These were the options I set in the past, and which I thought should be in the right panel. However, adding one more caused only that option to appear in a new right panel. Then I went back and touched each existing checkmark. For each one, I got the "button added" popup. After doing this for the ones I already had checked (!!), I now have the right panel with the desired items. But...

In order to get the exact words for this message I added Navigation, and then tried to delete it. I cannot delete any things added to the right panel now!!! I tried three times and now I have three checkmarks on the right panel all leading to Navigation (which I do not want on the right panel).

It took me a LONG TIME to figure out that you long click buttons on the panel to have the option to delete them. I think the check mark should go away if the (checked) item in the menu is clicked again.  Also it is goofy that I was allowed to add three copies of one button to the right menu :-)))

Well, main problem solved. I have a right panel now!! And there is a workaround too. I'm happy now. THANKS!!!

However I think the original problem is a bug. The items in the Set Right Panel dialog that had check marks were not actually set!
  •  

gynta

QuoteIt took me a LONG TIME to figure out that you long click buttons on the panel to have the option to delete them.
->http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:set_right_panel
To add, change, move or delete buttons on right panel later, long-click on it and select required action.

Quote from: "Bob Denny"Also it is goofy that I was allowed to add three copies of one button to the right menu :-)))
agree
Menion, can you use the "QuickSwitch edit system" also here?

Menion

Bob, did you read my previous post? viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2662#p17531

Checkmarks you had was because of items added in top panel. because it's "shared space", it's not so simple to create same system as is in "Quick switch" panel. Anyway I was already discuss it with Hanka (she had similar problem with multiply added buttons), so I'll think about it
  •  

Bob Denny

menion - I did read your post but was confused because from what I could see my panel was not empty, there were checkmarks next to the items I wanted to be in the  RIght Panel. I was not aware that the checkmarks were not related to the Right Panel.

I understand how it works now, but I think it is not clear :-)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"...it's not so simple to create same system as is in "Quick switch" panel.
...but it works now in new testversion.

Quote from: "menion"Anyway I was already discuss it with Hanka, so I'll think about it
Thank you Hanka  :mrgreen:

Menion

so after another day, new "modify panel" dialog exists, so now will be really easy to define content of right panel .. you'll see in next version
  •  

Bob Denny

Excellent, this will be a good improvement. Thank you!!
  •