additional parameters for WMS

Started by janeks, November 22, 2012, 11:40:40

janeks

Hi!

I read another post, that in some cases we would need to use WMS services and to supply username and password.
I have another need for feature that allows to supply some additional CGI parameters to WMS services, f.ex.
I have a wms service, that by default is given in another projection. Locus can take it. If I understood right, than
Locus makes geo transformation on the fly and converts it to WGS84. Overall it is o'k - I am getting the WMS displayed
correctly, but it is no so nice looking (pixelized) and min max zooms (layer auto switches) working slightly different.
And I know that server is capable to supply the WMS images in WGS84 and in that case the WMS overlay is just perfect
and switches on/of in right zoomlevel. It was checked by using the WMS layer on web displays with OpenLayers.

Could there be a solution for this?

brgds
Janeks
  •  

Menion

Hi Janek,
  hmm Locus generally works in projection that is in current base map. So if you use any online map, Locus works in Mercator projection and also for this projection is asking WMS server (if it contain). May you give mi link to WMS map that is show incorrectly blured so I may check it?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

janeks

Hm, than it should work as expected.

I did quick tests on Samsung Galaxy S (higher resolution screen) and Galaxy Xcover (lover resolution).
And I got different results on both devices. It looks like it is somehow connected with device screen resolutions.
But it does not seem for me that on xCover the resolution is so bad, that it is needed to make so pixelized .

brgds
Janeks
  •  

janeks

Today morning I again tinkered with my xCover and explored and tested Locus settings and then suddenly I got normal/good WMS layer display.
But I did not think that I changed a setting that is connected with map display.

Could it be a seting of Locus, that could change WMS display?

Most likely I just forgot the lock button.

Any way sorry for disturbing - all is working as expected.
  •  

Menion

ah problem was locked map zoom? nice :)

no problem. I though it was problem with some map projection. Anyway because in wms standarts is quite a mess sometimes, there should be some problems. If you find any, please share with me url to map, so I can test it personally
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •