[BUG] Track Info crash 0.9.21

Started by bedee, February 23, 2011, 13:14:54

bedee

When i want to open a track, Data Manager, Tracks, select Track..... my SGS crashes. I tried this now a few times  everytime a crash.
For as far i know, (i use locus a few days now) it was not in the previous version.
When you have questions about this problem let me know. but till know a great App.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  if locus crash, in locus/logs may be some files. If so, please send me them ... thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

bedee

Nothing in the LOG files.... But maybe this is the problem..... When i closed the message i got a second message it was the same.
Also when i loaded some GPX files from Catagories also twice a popup screen...
Maybe something with unloading from memory.

Because after restart SGS no problems till now. But i will check this again later.

BTW the translation in Dutch, can you check is you see some changes, because i can not see if the SITE saves the hole changed text. Tommorow i do the next part, this will take some time.
  •  

Menion

I can see 28% of strings translated on Crowdin. Good work!

About issue, hmm interesting, but without any log I cannot do nothing. There is also chance. Can you download any software from market called log collector or similar, that allow to catch software crash. You then start Locus, go to tracks screen and after crash, you start log collector and send me information it obtain. I'll write more info if you do no succed ..
  •  

dobosgy

Hi!
I use the 0.9.22 version, and many times the program can't start, it hangs with a white screen, and nothing to do with it.
I have an error log in my logs directory. Where can I send it?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  send them please on locus(@)asamm.cz. Anyway, you're not only one who notice me about problem during start. Should help if you leave app for a while (maybe five minutes) until background initialization stops or you should delete whole cache directory. I'll release today new version, so maybe there will be fixed (I'm not sure because I didn't noticed this problem on my phone).
  •  

superscout03

yes this is correct, if you have loaded alot of new information or instaled a new update you might have to wait a few minutes on the white screen or on the screen that says initilizing. It might seem like it is frozen up but it will kick on in a few minutes. I only get this if I loaded a new version or just installed lots of information into locus. But after its done initilizing it wont do it again.
  •  

Menion

Exactly. But it's weird. Dialog with "intializing" should popup and also initializing should start even after map is show, not before. When it starts before, you just see white screen and init id done on background without dialog ... weird. We will see in next version ...
  •