how 2 combine multiple offline maps

Started by juntjoo, February 21, 2011, 16:02:11

juntjoo

I'd like to be able to do this because I'd like to be able to simply make additions to my current map and not have to constantly load different maps which all cover similar areas. anyone know if this is possible? thanks
  •  

GOF007

To make an multiple areas offline map:
1. You create a map with "Seperate map".
2. When you want to add another areas, select "External map" to download and select the first map files as target. Locus will download new areas into that file.

Edit:
Dont forget that those maps must from the same map source (online map) such as Google classis, you cannot mix many map sources such as Google Classic and Google Hybrid into one file.
Another simple method is simply use "Online Shared Map", so you can store many areas in one file and if you happen to download a map that contain the existing area, Locus will just go through it quickly without downloading existing ones.
  •  

juntjoo

thanks much homie. I'll give that a shot...
  •  

gromsy

Quote from: "GOF007"To make an multiple areas offline map:
1. You create a map with "Seperate map".
2. When you want to add another areas, select "External map" to download and select the first map files as target. Locus will download new areas into that file.

Edit:
Dont forget that those maps must from the same map source (online map) such as Google classis, you cannot mix many map sources such as Google Classic and Google Hybrid into one file.
Another simple method is simply use "Online Shared Map", so you can store many areas in one file and if you happen to download a map that contain the existing area, Locus will just go through it quickly without downloading existing ones.

Hey,
I can't find any of these options - "external map", "separate map", or "online shared map". I would really love to know how to combine multiple maps I've already downloaded (eg. 2 different zoom levels of Google satellite view).

Appreciate the help!
Cheers
  •  

marlar

Go to "Download map" tab, then first select which area to download (this screen, select area etc) and then press "Change type".
  •