Main Menu

[TRANSLATION]

Started by Menion, February 21, 2011, 10:24:02

balloni55

Hello menion
in some new strings on crowdin are single "backslash"
e.g.
QuoteSorry, can\'t read this file. Content unknown.

and it´s meaning is not clear for me...
do I have to pay attention to anything special in the translation ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi balloni. This backslash needs to be always! before every special character (so-called "escaping").
Crowdin should warn in case, this backslash is missing.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

thanks for the explanation, good to know ;)
Quote from: menion on January 31, 2020, 10:57:55
Crowdin should warn in case, this backslash is missing.
exactly
now i can continue ;D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

ta-ka

Hello menion.

Could you maintain Locus store strings in crowdin? Some strings are missing in crowdin
and some strings appear untranslated or wrongly translated in Locus store (in Japanese).

Here is some examples:
Worldwide, Features, City, Ski and Piste, General, Transportation, Nautical, From XXX (L) / month, Point icons, Navigation icons, and etc...

I suggest to create a separate Locus store strings category in crowdin.
  •  

ta-ka

Hello.

I would like to ask to create two new words in crowdin, "Visible" and "Hidden" for "Settings > Controlling > Panels & buttons". Currently they give wrong translation (in Japanese) because:
The word "Visible" has been used in the dashboard item and the meaning is gps satellites are in the sky.
The word "Hidden" has been used in geocache info screen and the meaning is the date when geocache was hidden.

P.S. Please also think about the request for locus store translations written in my previous post.
  •  

Menion

Hello ta-ka,
thanks for the suggestions in the latest post. I've separated both "hidden" and "visible" words, thanks!

And I completely missed your previous post, sorry. It is more complicated as part of texts comes directly from @voldapet from the Locus Store and part is hardcoded in the app. We've currently created a separate project for the new online LoPoints database and will probably soon do something similar for the web planner and also for the Locus Store.
  •  

ta-ka

Thanks Menion.
I'll join LoPoints translation, and also web planner and Locus Store translation when they are ready.

I report some other translation related stuff.

1) The phrase "Waiting for GPS" which already exists in crowdin represents better meaning than "Initializing...".
2) Locus GIS uses the phrase "Primary colors" but Locus doesn't.
3) The word "Running" as a sports activity should be used only for that meaning. But it also appears in the notification message when locus is processing auto-backup job.
4) The phrase "Didn't find it" as a term of geocaching should be used only for that. But it also appears as a warning toast message if user custom icon file is missing while importing points.

Those phrases look no problem when using Locus in English but once they are translated into other language, they may look strange. It is happening in Japanese translation.
  •  

Menion

Thanks ta-ka!

1) good point, improved
2) because Petr takes care of texts in Locus GIS and I'm just a "developer". He is not a big fan of old ZX Spectrum as I, so he wanted to use here different text :).
3) ah correct, changed to "Working..."
4) you are right. Oki, I'll add another string separated from the geocaching stuff

I'm trying to re-use as many texts as possible, to save some extra work for translators. Anyway, understand that in some languages, like in Japanese, it may cause problems. It is not a problem to add problematic texts later. So thanks!
  •  

Frivold

As a Norwegian translator, it bothers me a bit that I can't find place in crowding where I can translate "POINTS" in the Locus Store. See attached screenshot. The word "points" in English can be translated to "POENG" in Norwegian, but this is a different meaning (such as a number of points that you get in a competition). Points in the meaning "spots" is called "Punkter" in Norwegian. It looks like this word is inside an image. Is this something you have done yourself using google translate? Is it possible to change it to "Punkter"?
  •  

androns

Hello!

Can I help translating this tool to Latvian ?
Unfortunately I don't see possibility to translate to LV in that crowdin.net
  •  

Michal

Quote from: androns on April 23, 2021, 08:27:27
Hello!

Can I help translating this tool to Latvian ?
Unfortunately I don't see possibility to translate to LV in that crowdin.net
Latvian has been added to Crowdin: https://crowdin.com/project/menion/lv# You're welcome!
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: androns

voldapet

@Frivold - thank you. Several Locus Store strings are missing in Crowdin and were translated separately - using Google Translator ehm... Anyway, the string changed to  Punkter
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Frivold

ta-ka

Hello Menion,

The word "Visibility" shown in Settings > Points & tracks > Route warnings have strange meaning in translasion. It looks like the word is incorrectly taken from "visibility of color (transparency)". Could you please create a new context in crowdin, for example, "route_warnings_visibility" to fix the issue?
  •  

Menion

Thanks @ta-ka , you are correct. I've tried to re-use existing text.
For now, I've removed this header from the dialog at all.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: ta-ka

lor74cas

Hi, I was registered for Italian translations as lor74cas, it's been a while since I made any updates and today I wanted to check a translation that doesn't seem correct to me.
Unfortunately, after logging in, I am asked for the verification code with the authentication app, but I don't have any valid code generated by the authentication app.
I have not kept the recovery codes and my email is already registered with the lor74cas login, the magic link also requires the authentication code, so I can no longer log in.
Is there an alternative to creating an account with a different email?
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •