Locus Free 2.7.2 crashes at starting up

Started by wildeny, November 09, 2012, 11:27:34

wildeny

I used Mobile Atlas Creator 1.8 to create a map (first time though) and put the sqlitedb file in my personal folder.
First time when I started Locus, it tried to load this map file. Crashed in the middle, which was not unusual...
For the 2nd time, it did the same thing.
Then at the 3rd time, it even crashed during the start-up.
I cleared the data in Locus and uninstalled & reinstall the app. It still crashed at the start-up.

Repeating this uninstallation & reinstallation still cannot solve the problem. What should I do?  :(
  •  

Menion

Hello,
  I have received few reports and problem in this case was damaged database. May you check to rename Locus/data/database directory? Locus will then during a start create new databases. Anyway all your points in this case will be lost. If you did data conversion in one of previous updates, there is simple way how to solve it. But this later.

So check please if problem is related to your database and if not, please create for me simple log by this method http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... simple_log

Thank you and sorry for troubles!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wildeny

Hello:

After renaming the directory "Locus/data/database", Locus Free can start again, so I think this is related to my problem. Thanks for the help.
I will check whether it will still have problem to load my maps later.
  •  

Menion

Hmm fine. In this case, if you don't want to loose your old points and tracks (if you use locus more then a few days and already have any), then

- go to directory Locus/backup
- here should be file before_conversion_DATE.zip. Extract this file into Locus/data directory.
- remove Locus/data/database directory (that contain your new databases, probably empty)
- start Locus and you should get offer to database conversion.
- after that, you should be able to see old data again

let me know if I can help in any way. Hope you don't lost any data and all will work fine now :)
  •  

wildeny

I tired to extract the files in "before_conversion_DATE.zip" using 7-zip but got the error message said "Unsupported compression method for xxxx".
All the extracted files are 0 in size.
  •  

alpov

I am trying to restore old backup with tracks database. Neither Backup manager nor the method described above is working for me. Locus 2.7.2 simply recreates "database" directory and ignores old tracks file. Any idea what is wrong?
  •  

Menion

wildeny: if you still have problems with conversion, send me your zipped file and I'll convert your files and send you immediately back

alpov: hmm it should be a problem to restore old backups, because as I think about it, it may be restored to incorrect folder. Why you need to restore older backups? I suggest to just look into zip file, and extract *.sqll files into correct (directory Locus/data) location. Anyway describe me little bit, what you need to do, so I may help you
  •  

alpov

menion: I probably selected "delete old" during 2.7.2 installation some weeks ago and lost all tracks. Anyway, I have successfully restored them now - the trick was to rename "tracks" file from backup archive to "dbtracks.sqll", place it to Locus/data and delete Locus/data/database. After these steps, Locus converted the tracks without any problem. Thanks!
  •