Fast adding waypoints for geocaches

Started by axstet, November 04, 2012, 01:27:47

axstet

Hi,

when being on a multistage geocache I miss a function that creates a new waypoint that is associated to the geocache I'm currently "working" in. Working in terms of guiding  or navigation to. Is there any chance to add the active geocache to the list of categories or something similar?

Regards,
Axel
  •  

Menion

when you're guiding on any cache, you may see "Guiding button" in top left corner of map screen

tap it. This will bring up dialog with current cache. Here tap a long click on first bottom icon (the one that bring you to cache screen itself), this will display small popup window with possibility to add new waypoint. Clear and working?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

axstet

Hi,

the way you mentioned works just fine but needs four clicks. The one I had in mind needs only one click. Just thought it might be a nice feature.

Axel
  •  

Menion

only one? I don't see precise description in your first post ...

what I wrote need
1. click on icon in top left corner
2. long click on first icon in dialog
3. choose "Add waypoint"
  •  

axstet

I didn't know about the long click option you mentioned. This makes it indeed easier than I thought it would.

What I thought about is:

With guide or navigation active on a geocache
1) click add new waypoint
-> and get the add waypoint window for the active geocache, not the one for global waypoints.

Or having the active geocache as a kind of preselected category in the global add waypoint window. Even though I guess this is difficult since the two windows look different (no picture an address input on the one for geocaches).

Anyway, I think getting the geocache add waypoint window by pressing the normal add waypoint button will upset other users. If having an active geocache as a separate category in the global add waypoint window is feasible I don't know.
  •  

gynta

hello axstet
If you want, you can add your idea here:
https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/ideas/popular
Maybe other users will also support this idea.

Menion

you may as gynta suggested, put this feature on GetSatisfaction, anyway I think that long click on icon as I wrote before, is fast enough for this task. Just three click, compare to much more work, you should have with defining name, coordinates etc, it's nothing. So some more improvements in this way should be possible really only if quite a lot of people will want it
  •