Latest Update and Geocaching

Started by axstet, November 01, 2012, 19:09:48

axstet

Hi all,

I love Locus for geocaching but unfortunately the latest update has a lot of really bad bugs. The ones I noticed I'd like to share...

1) Waypoints of a geocache can't be deleted at all.
2) Waypoints of a geocache can be modified on the map only but not in the description window of the geocache.
3) Waypoints of a geocache can't be navigated to from the description window of the geocache.
4) When editing a waypoint of a geocache it loses its icon.

5) While editing coordinates with NEW - FROM MAP no existing waypoints can be selected.

6) Exporting a geocache with more than 10 waypoints as GPX results in a strange GPX file. Importing the GPX file will give a geocache with 10 waypoints and (total number of waypoints - 10) waypoints not associated with the geocache.

I hope theses bugs can be fixed as they make Locus not usable for geocaching anymore.

Regards, Axel
  •  

Menion

hello Alex,
  some of problems are already fixed now (reported on GetSatisfaction), some (5, 6) are new for me.

5 is fixed now,

6. I cannot simulate it. May you export for me one GPX with one cache, to see where is problem in exported file?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

axstet

Quote from: "menion"6. I cannot simulate it. May you export for me one GPX with one cache, to see where is problem in exported file?

Here you go... (password: gpxbug)
  •  

Menion

perfect thank you! Problem located and fixed. New version will be out probably during a weekend after some more testing.
  •  

axstet

Thanks for the fast support!

edit
Hi,
I found another bug...
7) Updating an existing geocache results in wired order of logs.
Axel
  •  

Menion

hmm this probably happen when during update was downloaded also some older logs. Anyway I added sorting of logs just before they're displayed on screen, so check it in next 2.7.3 version. Should be OK next time
  •  

axstet

Hi menion,

sorry to bother you again but there is a new bug in the latest version released today. Uploading more than one fieldnote results in an error telling me to contact the support. Only one fieldnote gets transmitted to geocaching.com, the rest stays untouched on the device.

Axel
  •  

Menion

you're writting "sorry to bother"? Don't be crazy :) I'm sorry for such issues. I'll check it, thank you for your information
  •  

axstet

Just found two new bugs concerning GPX import.

1) I get a lot of forcecloses after importing GPX files. I attached one of the files from /logs folder.

2) I exported a single multistage geocache (e.g. the one from above) and imported it again. The system tells me that it is already in the database and asks me if I want to skip the import, accept a duplicate or overwrite the existing one. I chose overwriting. Afterwards some waypoints of the geocache were in the database multiple times.
Axel

errors-1352057741945.err
----------  04.11.2012 20:35:41  ----------
TAG:TileCache
MSG:clearVectorMapTileCache()
TRACE:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(TimSort.java:864)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(TimSort.java:481)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeForceCollapse(TimSort.java:422)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:219)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(TimSort.java:169)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:2038)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:1891)
at menion.android.locus.core.maps.a.e.run(L:152)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:864)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "axstet"I attached one of the files from /logs folder.
plz upload one of this gpx too.

axstet

Feel free to use the one from above or this one.
  •  

CaptKaos

Hi Menion

Like axstet I to have had a problem uploading field notes with the same error to contact support. I had 6 field notes which after uploading 2 gave me the  error. Tried again and 2 more where uploaded, and on the last attempt the final 2 where uploaded.
 In previous versions I have managed to upload in excess of 20 at a time

CK
  •  

Menion

Hi,
 issue already reported and fixed https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... or_problem

new version will be published probably in Tuesday
  •  

CaptKaos

Menion
Thanks you in advance for the fix.

CK
  •  

axstet

Hi menion,

on 2.7.3 I'm having trouble uploading field notes. I get this "Contact the support" message again.

Regards, Axel
  •