How to export a track with POIs and pictures?

Started by jusc, October 28, 2012, 14:58:40

jusc

I recorded a track while hiking and added some points, there I took some pictures. Afterwards I added  pictures to the points. But if I try to export the track no points are exported. As I remember it worked before in an older version, there I got a zip file too?

Another question. If I take one track from database it opens automaticly the information window. No other posibilities availible (show on map, export directly, etc.).
If information of the track is opened and you tap on map icon, you get the map, but not the track centered on map as before?
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "jusc"I recorded a track while hiking and added some points, there I took some pictures. Afterwards I added  pictures to the points. But if I try to export the track no points are exported. As I remember it worked before in an older version, there I got a zip file too?
I can't remember that such thing has worked before. But maybe soon..  :mrgreen:

Menion

just, there were no possibility to export tracks together with some own points from another category ...

Quote from: "gynta"Make it possible to export all visible things on the map to one kmz file. tracks+pois(+fotos).
...in future.

I'm still thinking where to put such feature ... "Share"? like "Share map content"
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"just, there were no possibility to export tracks together with some own points from another category ...

It seems also not possible to create/store the points while the track becomes recorded into the track and to take a picture to the new point? I thought, I had seen this before.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

eh no, sorry ... :)

anyway good news is now fact, that instead of previous version (where points added to track during record were just very simple points by byte[] array in database), points are now stored in points database. So when you tap on add point during a track record (on bottom track record panel), it store fully featured waypoint into waypoints database! So it's just matter of discussion and some work, to change small window where locus ask for point name, for a full "Add new point" window
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"just, there were no possibility to export tracks together with some own points from another category ...
Quote from: "gynta"Make it possible to export all visible things on the map to one kmz file. tracks+pois(+fotos)...
I'm still thinking where to put such feature ... "Share"? like "Share map content"
hmm
not so easy  :|
is it a function?
maybe you have to expand this in future.
suggestion:

Menion

hmm, space in this list is really precious :) I'm worried that too much to add such feature. I still think that best should be place it in "Share". Better should be improve text "Share" to just something like "Share & Export" (this should be quite confusing anyway) or similar and put it there
  •  

gynta

What ever !
You ask ...
...and I answered :D

Menion

sure, and I continue with discussion ... just if you (or anyone else interested in such feature) don't have any great idea :)
  •  

jusc

For me it belongs together. So why not combine and "EXPORT" the track and the POIS, which are created within the track in one separate menu point if possible?
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"hmm, space in this list is really precious :) I'm worried that too much to add such feature. I still think that best should be place it in "Share". Better should be improve text "Share" to just something like "Share & Export" (this should be quite confusing anyway) or similar and put it there
like this?

Menion

yes something like this ... hmm I'll discuss it with peter tomorrow. I have one idea in mind, so you'll probably see soon :)
  •