Cannot import gpx files

Started by eldron, October 27, 2012, 11:32:05

eldron

Hi,
i have just bought myself my first android phone and one of the main reasons was that i want to use it for geocaching. I have used locus on a friends phone before and fell in love with it.
So the first thing i did was to install locus.
Everything seemed to be working just fine, until i tried to import my first caches.
It said "bearbeiten..." (i am using the german version) for a while and then i got an error message saying "Sorry! Anwendung Locus Free (Prozess menion.android.locus wurde unerwartet angehalten. Versuchen Sie es erneut). The App then crashes and when i start it again there are no caches on the map.
I have since tried to find the problem and this is what i have done so far:
Deleted App Data
Reinstalled App
Deleted "locus" folder on my SD card
Tried Locus Pro and Locus Free
I even reset my phone to factory settings and did nothing apart from installing locus
I have tried several gpx files (single cache, track record from a different device, pocketquery)
I have also tried importing through Geocaching4Locus and via the geocaching live addon.
Whatever i do i always run into the same problem and i am now running out of ideas.
Maybe someone here can help me?
I was using the latest version of locus (downloaded today from the app store) on a Galaxy ace 2 (i8160) running with stock rom android 2.3.6.
If you need any more information, please let me know.
  •  

Menion

Hello Eldron,
  seems you started with Locus in wrong day. You're using 2.7.0 version right? It was released after around a five weeks of developing and contain one core issue as you discovered. Few hours ago was released new version 2.7.1, so try this one please. Issue should be fixed and import should works correctly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

I am afraid i have to disappoint you there - i am already using Version 2.7.0.1 (locus free at the moment), as i tried it again this morning, after 3 hours of trial and error yesterday. So it looks like the issue is still present in the new version.
I must say i am impressed at the speed of your response!
If i can help u by supplying a crash dump or more information, please let me know.
Is it possible to somehow get hold of an older version of your app to verify that the new version is the problem?
  •  

Menion

it's difference between 2.7.0.1 and 2.7.1 ;). 2.7.0.1 is also version from yesterday that solved one main issue during a conversion just on Free version. 2.7.1 is few hours old update that solve some import, navigation and few others small issues
  •  

eldron

Thanks for your amazingly fast support. I have just downloaded 2.7.1. and everything is working fine now!
I must have downloaded the old version maybe an hour before the update came out...
Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!
  •  

Menion

perfect. enjoy too
  •