Re: Missing points in importing KML

Started by arhoi29, October 22, 2012, 04:52:08

arhoi29

Hi, I had problem in importing kml file.
My kml file contains 181 points and 1 track.
However, after loading the kml file, it only display the categories of track for me to choose.
The categories of points is not displayed for choosing.
And finally, after importing, only the single track is imported to Locus, no points is imported to Locus.

I had imported different kml files in the past and it is the first time i encountered this problem.
May I know the reason of that? Or I can just ignore this and wait for version 2.7 for the new storage system?

edit
Oh, maybe I had spotted out the problem.
I had tested to add and delete track from the kml file.
Below please find the results.

181 points + 0 tracks => Only Point Category displayed (Correct)
181 points + 1 tracks => Only Track Category displayed (Incorrect)
181 points + 2 tracks => Both Point and Track Category displayed (Correct)
181 points + 3 tracks => Both Point and Track Category displayed (Correct)

So maybe it just cannot detect the points when the kml file contains only 1 track?
  •  

Menion

hi,
  hmm it's not exactly that locus cannot detect something :). Current system import one track + x points as ONE TRACK with attached points! So if you display this one track, all points will be displayed also as a small dots on track. Reason for this is that one track and x points usually mean single navigation track

so question is what to do with it and if I allow to import 1 track and x points with ability to select point category, how to also allow to import points attached to tracks (which is most use-case)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

arhoi29

I see. I get what you mean, just that I had never created a navigation track.
If that is done intentionally, I will just import the track and points separately next time.
Is it a new feature anyway? It seems I could import in the way I hope maybe in August.
Also you may display a checkbox to enable users to tick for navigation if Locus detected the imported kml contains 1 track + x points.
Just a suggestion, its okay for me haha :P
  •  

Menion

nono it's feature since locus allow import files I think :), so for sure more then month. I'll think about it, till some solution will be out, you know what to do ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •