[APP] - version 2.7.0 - BETA TESTING

Started by Menion, October 19, 2012, 19:28:57

gynta

after first track rec - the message "unknow problem with track saving!" still appears
and again the knowing bug: changing trackprofile freeze Locus
(last version)

Menion

when problem with saving happen? You have at least one track category? In dialog where you define name and style, you press "OK" and then?

I completely forget on problems with changing profiles, damn. I'm going to check it, thanks for remind me
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

I just installed it on a clear phone with only a few tracks. Very fast convert. But after starting Locus, it seems I cannot stop it from trying to get GPS postion as before. The system symbol on the top is still blinking although Locus GPS/Ortung is off.
Regards J.
  •  

fenster

Realy fast changes
I want to give feedback to 2.6.3.3 some was now allready fixed. Now I was testing ..6.3.4 and I saw already 6.3.5 is available.
So I give only feedback to 6.3.4 regarding tracks.
If I move a track from one category to another it works but the counting
still are the old one. But if I jump out and in again the counting is ok. Is only a minor point.

Is it possible to import more than one track together? At this time I can only import step by step one by one track.

Category of points and tracks to be to delete
Delition of categories are only possible when no points/tracks are stored  behind a category otherwise a message appears
"Category is no empty!" .
Perhaps a button yes/no could be solve it.

But nevertheless it is a big improvement for me.
Thanks a lot for this work.
  •  

Menion

jusc: I also a few times saw similar behaviour, but in the end I discovered that it was different application that keep GPS enabled. In GPS system should be absolutely no change compare to previous version, so it's really weird - suggest to one phone restart. If this will be repeating for you, I'll create some testing version

fenster: numbers in category should be now fixed (there is really a lot of events that affect these numbers so there still should be some issues in the future). I just also create ability to delete whole categories together with it's content.

There is also big issue in track recording, so you'll probably will not be able to store second track. This is also fixed now together with some other minor improvements in exporting KML (KMZ) files with correct styles etc. But, I'll playing with it quite a lot so next test version tomorrow
  •  

Menion

fine so new version is here. Believe all should be fine now :)
  •  

jusc

I wonder there is the link?
Regards J.
  •  

berkley

Hey,

Jusc, the link is in the first post. Or click here
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .6.3.6.apk

Menion, it seems for me, that there is a small issue with recorded tracks. If you stop track recording and save it, and head right to data screen to uncheck the just recorded track, it does not work. You have to click 2 times for the track to be unchecked.

And maybe it would be interesting, if there was something like "auto-assign" the recorded track to a specific category. So you wouldn't have to choose the category when saving it. Not needed, just an idea.

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

thanks matthias, I'll check problem tomorow. I spend currently few hours with this version and paper. I'm step by step checking all features and have full A4 paper of issues and mistakes. And it's not the end yet. So sorry that I publish such versions. Changes in code was really huge and this is expected result. Some RC version tomorrow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "berkley"And maybe it would be interesting, if there was something like "auto-assign" the recorded track to a specific category. So you wouldn't have to choose the category when saving it.

+1
And sorry, I have no time to test the new version now :-(
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

tramp, don't worry :)

I just started to work on this "automatic storing recorded track into category" and seems that there is one problem.

by this, when you press STOP button, track will be automatically stored. But this -
1. may happen by accident
2. you'll loose possibility to DELETE recorded track
3. you'll completely loose ability to change style or category without some editing of config file (because I wanted to place this into locus config)

so sorry, but I think I has almost no possitivity. Currently it's just one button - press OK
  •  

berkley

Maybe you misunderstood me. At the moment, you have last used category as default. I just meant to make the suggestion to take another category right from track recording profile.

Anyway, this belongs to wishes or on GSF...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

quite well tested version (v. 7) in first post

matthias, may you please describe more precisely your idea? I still don't know what you have on mind, thanks
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "menion"quite well tested version (v. 7) in first post
fixed issue with screen rotate on satellite or compass screen (phones 4.0+ only)
sorry but issue is still there in compass screen on the SGTab10.1 v4.0.4
...but both (sat and compass) works on SGS2 v4.0.3

Menion

thanks gynta. I was testing it still only on a phone. Have to do it also on tablet, thanks!
  •