Restore of track recording profile -> FC

Started by tommi, September 30, 2012, 16:59:21

tommi

Tried the nice little feature "recording profiles" which I never used before but I get an FC *every* time I try to load one of the default profiles or my own profile I created shortly before.

Sent log.
  •  

gynta

I can confirm.

and after testing with an other device:
i think there is a problem with the new/old system.
because if there is no profiles before -> it works

Henk van der Spek

I have three own profiles since a long time and I still see them in 2.6.3 but I do not see the (three?) default profiles. I saw them in the manual and want to try them out. What's happening here?
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

tommi

Hi Henk,
I had no profiles and Locus asked me if I want to install the default profiles. This question only comes up if you have no own profiles.
Reason for introducing default profiles was that it should be made easier for newbies (like me  :mrgreen: ) to have profiles.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

I guessed so but since I do not find an option to save/export my own profiles first, before deleting them I guess Menion needs to correct this in 2.6.4 :)

edit
Ok, this is all self help here :)  I changed the extension of my own profiles through OI filemanager. And then started Locus and it asked me if I wanted to download the default recording profiles. These are visble now. After that I changed back the extension of my own profiles. All perfect now.
(Still, Locus should handle that in 2.6.4, right?)
  •  

tommi

Henk, can you switch profiles without FC?
  •  

Henk van der Spek

Yes, I can (sitting behind my desk and having no gps fix). And also with a fix and even during recording (without pausing or so). All smooth.  :D   Defy and Android 2.1
  •  

tommi

Oki, this should give Menion an idea how to fix this problem and improve the feature.
  •  

Henk van der Spek

My guess: SGS III 4.0.4 thing
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "Henk van der Spek"My guess: SGS III 4.0.4 thing
Thanks  :(,  but to my knowledge gynta has no SIII.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Henk van der Spek"I changed the extension of my own profiles through OI filemanager. And then started Locus and it asked me if I wanted to download the default recording profiles. These are visble now. After that I changed back the extension of my own profiles. All perfect now.
Dont works for me.
- deleted all profiles
- Locus create default profiles
- restart Locus
- load one of the default profiles
- Locus FC and restart.

FC:
Locus Test v2.6.3.1
SGS2
Android 4.0.3
stock
root

edit
FC
Locus Test v2.6.3.1
SGTab 10.1
Android 4.0.4
stock
unroot

works without any problems on bluestack + Android 2.3.4

tommi

Conclusion: Android >=4.0 issue?
Menion will be happy. Finally an issue in the other direction. In the last time only problems with old Android versions were reported...
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tommi62"Menion will be happy.
I'm sure :mrgreen:

Menion

:) I'll be ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

guys help :) even with last test version (and also previous), I had no FC when switching profiles :/ ... may someone create for me logcat from last 2.6.3.5 version? Thanks you very much!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •