Imported Track with GPS dotted line

Started by RalfHN, August 31, 2012, 10:47:55

RalfHN

If I import a track in Locus and activate GPS the line will be showed with dots in another colour. Under the mapcenter the number and distance is showed.

Where I can deactivate this. I want only see the route as line to follow manually on map.

Ralf
  •  

jusc

I´m not sure if I understand you correctly.
The "dotted" line is shown if you move the center cross over the line (track) to show more informations about the track. It doesn´t depend from GPS is on or off.
If you follow this imported track while really moving by your own (p. e with a bike) the center cross changes to a moving arrow and you see your track as you imported it, without a dotted line or more other informations.
That makes sense for me and I don´t know if there is any possibility to deactivate it.  But maybe I misunderstood?
Regards J.
  •  

RalfHN

Yes that's right. I have an arrow while I'm following the line. But the line is still dotted and the information about the points. Sometimes it change from dotted to solid line. I think in further versions it was not so. I have used this function before. There was it ok.

Ralf
  •  

RalfHN

Center cross with gps is also activated to move the map while following. If the center cross is not on the line the track is bold. But normally the gps centercross is activated.
  •  

gynta

RalfHN

Yes. The dotted line is the same.

But to change the style to altitude can not be the solution. The infobox with points and distance is still showing.

I create a route manually with Google map and export it as KMZ to
Locus.

Ralf
  •  

gynta

RalfHN

I think the behavior of the cross to change stile and show info while moving on a track is a bug. I do this kind of navigation before.  In further version it was ok.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
  so after second read, I'll try to sumarize for myself mainly

- you displayed track on map. When you simply move with cursor (map center) over track, you see info boxes of points. This is OK right?
- problem is when you enable track to be "Guide on" on this track, then you also see these boxes and this is what you don't want right?

EDIT: and if this is a problem, then there are two questions
1. is current behaviour different compare to previous versions? (I think not, but I'm not sure)
2. how should this works better? If you enable "Guide on", don't show these labels when centering is enabled? So if you'll move with map by your own, show these labels, if you'll be guided and map will be centering to your GPS location, do not show these labels? (and do not highlight track)?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

RalfHN

Hi Menion,

Thank you for your fast replay.

You are right. Moving manually is not the problem. There you can see the dotted line and the points. This is ok.

The problem is when you guide on the track with enabled GPS and cursor at mapcenter it changed to dotted and show info.

No. 2 would be a solution. I have the behavior not before  in other version when guiding on a track. This I do often with bike.

Thanks Ralf
  •  

Menion

as I'm checking code, I have to say that compare to month old version, code is same, so it's really weird if previous behaviour was different.

Anyway if no one have nothing against, I'll disable selection of track and points when "Guide on" is enabled and map is centered on GPS position
  •  

jusc

Please give us a few hours to try or test, what it means.  :mrgreen:  I´m not sure if this is a good idea, maybe I don´t still understand the problem.

@Ralf,
please attach a screenshot.
Regards J.
  •  

RalfHN

Thank you. I used it about 3 weeks before. But I don't know the version.

Ralf
  •  

RalfHN

It looks like in the video. I'm on vacation and have no PC for sreenshot. Or is in Locus a possibility to make a sreenshot.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "jusc"Please give us a few hours to try or test, what it means.  :mrgreen:  I´m not sure if this is a good idea, maybe I don´t still understand the problem.

@Ralf,
please attach a screenshot.

simple select any track on map and enable "Guide on", not navigation. When you will be moving with map center over track, points (and whole) track will be highlighted as on video from gynta. Now, this is happening when you guide along path in terrain also. So you see highlighted track when you map center "by accident" select any point. And I want to disable this selection just in case, you have enabled "map centering" (top left button on bottom panel). So you'll not see this hovering during a guiding, but you'll be able to select tracks manually

and one thing - it was probably possible that it worked as you wrote before. Locus incorrectly selected (just sometimes) items on screen, probably also in case of movements with centering. This is now anyway fixed and side effect is probably this :)
  •