edit track(point) -> insert new point(s)

Started by gynta, August 27, 2012, 21:06:57

gynta

Currently there is a horrible way to insert 6 simple new points in an exists track.

And now see, how easy it can be: http://www.oldboys.at/dl/locus/insert6pointswish.avi

Menion, do you think it is possible to simplifying this?

Other guys plz vote here:
http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/edit-trackpoint-insert-new-points-in-a-row

tommi

Gynta, your easy way looks quite similar to "Add route & measure". This is what I already proposed to Menion but up to now didn't find favour with Menion.
Good that your video demonstrates this clearly.
I would even appreciate if I also could activate navigation for new points in a track. Recently I had the problem that I created a mixed track with navigation and simple routing and afterwards saw that changes are needed. What should I say, it was a nightmare. Adding sections with navigation is impossible and without as in your first video...
Again my statement: track editor and "Add route and measure" should be harmonized and start navigation option shold be better visible resp. track editor shouldn't come up immediately after touching a track.
  •  

gynta

Menion, what you think after 24 hours reflection period?  :D

Menion

I think that you created very very nice video and it's of course interesting idea. I'll think about it for sure
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

o.k., you'd like to stay friendly but in a non-committal way.
  •  

Menion

something like this. Point for me is that mobile device is not perfectly created for some big editing features. I really miss mouse with two buttons :)

Gynta's idea is nice and I like it. Why not making track on-the-fly easier. But what can I say to you? Such feature looks for me on one day work, maybe more, to make it work properly. And there is still so many ideas, so many problems to solve, so not everything may be implemented now! Remind me this after few months if I forget.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menionRemind me this after few months if I forget.
few months ago...  8)

Menion

•