[APP] - version 2.6.X

Started by Menion, August 24, 2012, 11:16:49

Menion

24.8.2012 - Locus 2.6.0

After 19 days, finally new version released (maybe a record, usually it's every 7-10 days) :). Enjoy!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Thanks, nice, but one Question:
Why did you change the top left symbol from Locus icon on map screen to the three small squares? So I can´t recognize that I work with Locus pro or Locus free ( for testing) anymore.  :mrgreen:
Can I change it back to Locus icon?
Regards J.
  •  

lacop2

There is new data manager. How can I export my track to GPX now?
  •  

Menion

jusc: this is because in many applications, there is only a simple logo and no action when you tap on it. This new symbol simple say that there is something (main menu) when you tap on it

lacop2: very simply - how did you exported tracks before? By export button in data manager? So you had to choose if all tracks or only a visible? No simply open data manager, choose tab "Tracks" and tap on any of "tools" symbol next to tracks category
  •  

eauland

Hi menion,

Why you use a window for maps ?  :evil:

Can you remove it and go back ?  :P
Vous avez des idées à implémenter ou un problème ne pouvant pas être résolu sur le forum, utilisez  Getsatisfaction pour exposer votre question.
Importer les gares SNCF dans Locus via ce fichier gpx Gares_SNCF_2012.09.06.gpx (Maj du]SNCF Open Data - Gares Connexions[/url])
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"jusc: this is because in many applications, there is only a simple logo and no action when you tap on it. This new symbol simple say that there is something (main menu) when you tap on it

hmm, I used it (the logo) every day   :o   for me it was clear since .... that there is "new" menu.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "eauland"Hi menion,

Why you use a window for maps ?  :evil:

Can you remove it and go back ?  :P

don't understand ...

EDIT: ah I see it, you have 2.X devices right? Some android issue, damn .. thanks
  •  

eauland

Before we have:

Now we have:

Can you go back ? Thanks.
Vous avez des idées à implémenter ou un problème ne pouvant pas être résolu sur le forum, utilisez  Getsatisfaction pour exposer votre question.
Importer les gares SNCF dans Locus via ce fichier gpx Gares_SNCF_2012.09.06.gpx (Maj du]SNCF Open Data - Gares Connexions[/url])
  •  

Menion

no exactly back but fixed for now. I'm testing it on 2.3.5 CM9 and seems there are some problems with settings themes for screens on the fly. This is already fixed in 4.X version, fortunately.
  •  

Khaytsus

Hey, what happened to the distance when guiding without GPS on?  I haven't tried with GPS on, but used to be if I picked a waypoint and had Guiding on, it showed both distance and bearing.  I'm only seeing bearing.  Is this new to 2.6.0, and can I turn it back on somewhere?  This is important to me, hope it's just a setting somewhere I'm missing?  Just checked 2.5.6 and I'm seeing it there, but not on 2.6.0.  Screenshot below.  Thanks!

Okay, weird, now I updated to 2.6.0 on my other phone (running CM7) and I see the normal heading/distance, so I'm messing around some more to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Okay, I'm an idiot, but I know this was turned on before...  Had to turn on "Draw distance" in Guiding in settings.  I use this all the time, so.. weird.

•  

tommi

Hi Menion, I really appreciate the new GUI with the eye symbol and what's behind of it.
However I think it's not consistant: visible elements can be points, tracks, elements but I can only tick/untick points and tracks. Even more for points I have shortcuts for the different categories but no shortcut to tracks.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtci9jx2dg5ts ... .02.22.png
Will you continue with the work in this area and it's currently just a construction area?
  •  

Menion

Khaytsus: it's possible that you disabled this by some accident ... anyway glad it works again :)

tommi: how often you display and hide whole category of tracks compare to points? Current version is not construction area, it's more like - "my point of view on this problem and final solution" anyway I'll gladly improve it. Anyway i suggest to discuss this topic in already existing topic on getSatisfaction where more people involved in this idea, should say it's words. From my point of view, it's fine as is, but as I wrote, I'm always open for improvements if they make sense :)
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"tommi: how often you display and hide whole category of tracks compare to points?
I'm tommi, not domdeluc  :lol: . I have more tracks than points and I quite often need to switch them off/on.
But as I wrote, for me it's more a question of consistence and finally also if the data(manager) button could vanish completely.
Quote from: "menion"Anyway i suggest to discuss this topic in already existing topic on getSatisfaction where more people involved in this idea, should say it's words. From my point of view, it's fine as is, but as I wrote, I'm always open for improvements if they make sense :)
Added my statement here: https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... and_points
  •  

wvb

Hi menion,

what a great update!
some GC stuff and some OSM stuff!

I tested the track Export to OSM and uploaded 2 tracks, in the first I didn't change the "null" values and in the seconds I did (quite sure but not 100% :) ).
Both tracks arrived at my OSM account fine but the second (where I entered some info), also arrived with "null".
Is it possible there is an issue and the fields aren't transferred?
  •  

Menion

tommi: domdeluc? What's that :)

wvb: there is more problems probably. Main discussion is here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ack_upload ,but meanwhile, may you tell which parameter you set and was null when uploaded? I'll check it more carefully and also test
  •