Forced Close when using NZTopo50 kmz map

Started by elfnor, August 21, 2012, 11:28:29

elfnor

Hi

I'm trying out Locus Free with the following map:

http://www.topomap.co.nz/kmz/BQ32_GeoTifv1-02.kmz

I've had success getting the map loaded (placed it in the mapitems folder) but got frequent crashes while zooming or panning the map. Then Locus  crashed each time I start it, while loading this map. Deleted map problem gone.

I'd like to be able to use these maps in the kmz form on Android. Is it the map, Locus, or my phone?

Thanks Elfnor
  •  

Menion

Hello Elfnor,
  how did you get this map? ... ah after a while of testing, I found that NZ TopoMaps site grow quite a lot into very nice map site!

so there are two things:
1. problem with maps on your phone is for sure lack of memory available for locus. Unfortunately map tiles in KMZ file are very very big. 941x945 px is size of every image and it's too much to handle this on your mobile. Best should be if author should generate these KMZ files with half size of map tiles. Then there will be probably not too serious problem and map should works

2. exactly these maps are already added in Locus, did you noticed this? Just check list of online maps. There is also possibility to download 500 tiles per day directly in Locus. Not much but day by day, you may download whole are you need and you may be sure that this map will works correctly!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •