Help With Offline Maps !!

Started by ketani, August 16, 2012, 06:08:42

ketani

Just purchased Locus Pro v2.5.6 from the playstore , I have GS3 I9300 !!

Downloaded maps for India on my PC which have the following file format.. "india.osm.map" !!

Please explain the rest of the procedure regarding how to use these on my handset !!  :?

I am a complete noob & so please bear with my noobish question & please help me !!  :)
  •  

Menion

Hi Ketani,
  when you started Locus for first time, it creates Locus directory on your SD card or internal memory. You have to take this map and place it into Locus/mapsVector directory. Then start Locus and map will be visible under menu > map manager, tab "Vector"
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ketani

Thanks a lot dear friend , will do as you said !! How to start offline navigation ??
  •  

Menion

offline navigation do not work in Locus. You have to have internet co compute navigation track, then you should navigate offline. Some description is for example here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:navigate_to
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ketani

Is voice guided navigation activated in Locus Pro (with data ON) , if yes then please guide me to start it !!
  •  

tommi

Navigation is possible both online and offline.
 In offline mode it is restricted to a route which you  created when you were  online.
Go to Locus Menu -> Functions -> Navigate to.
This will start navigation from your current GPS location to the selected endpoint.
  •  

ketani

I selected voice "Richard" (3 files copied to audio nav folder on my handset as explained in voice/icon etc section) !! Now i tested it yesterday (after selecting the voice after tapping point 3) , but i heard no instructions (volume level set to 90) !!

Am i missing a trick ??
  •  

tommi

Hi Ketani, would you kindly follow up here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2283 ?
Your problem is really off topic now.
  •