Offlinenizer and Spoiler

Started by loc_nix, August 14, 2012, 22:13:13

loc_nix

Hi,

i have downloaded Spoilers with the offlinenizer and the the download works (at least there was no error message).
But when i go into the cache description, there is no tab for the pictures. Did i have to activate the offlinenizer somwhere? or what is false?

alex
  •  

Menion

Hi Alex,
  if cache do not have any "Images" tab, then there are probably no images to download. Or are you sure then there should be any? If so, write me GC code of this cache and I'll check it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

loc_nix

for example GC2QB2Y

in which folder the pictures are saved?
  •  

Menion

I imported this cache from GPX file from gc.com site

offlinizer for me download 2 images (and created "Images" tab with them). When I enabled Live API, it downloaded one additional image (spoiler), so all seems to be correct.

From where you have your cache? From Geocaching4Locus add-on and cache are only "basic info" (it download additional data when you tap on it)? In this case, cache in database do not contain even a listing, so only way is use Live API to download images

btw. "Offlinizer is improved in testing version. You may check it here if you want (today testing version) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .5.6.5.apk
  •  

loc_nix

thanks for your fast reaction :-)

with the 2.5.6.5 version, the offlinenizer works like it should.
Also my Pro-version 2.5.6 shows now the images.

But when i activate the "use Live API", then Locus trys to start a browser. Is that right?
And why the spoiler is not downloaded together with the other images? That would be very useful.

alex
  •  

Menion

it's quite simple. Locus without Live API can download only images that are included in listing. Spoilers aren't! So you have to use live API that allow to download list of images directly from geocaching server and then download also spoilers. Browser it starts because you need firstly login
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"You may check it here if you want (today testing version) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8015949/Locus% ... .5.6.5.apk
Hmm, strange I don't see this version in my account. Seems you created a new account?/folder (test_versions vs. testing_versions)!?
  •  

Menion

in this version is only few minor differences compare to previous version. Also I cannot link version from private testing section so this version is in my "Public folder" so I can put it wherever I need ... that's all. No sub-extra-private folder, don't worry :)
  •  

loc_nix

ahhhh.
now i understand the procedure. Now it works perfectly, also with the spoiler.
Thank you very much.

i have put an short description for the offlinenizer in the wiki
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/commun ... offlinizer
  •  

Menion

description is very welcome, thanks :)
  •