Author Topic: Improve behaviour of button that allows fast map-switching  (Read 999 times)

Offline PeterPablo

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
Right now the button to fast switch maps is displayed in the top-left corner when I zoom out to level 1. This is not comfortable. I hope you would present this button on something like level 6. As an alternative you could make the button visible, as soon as no map-item is rendered on the current screen (when I zoom out and then move the map in some direction).

Thank you for considering!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: Improve behaviour of button that allows fast map-switchi
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 11:46:04 »
Peter, by default this button is visible when on screen is place without map. You may anyway display it all the time, or never. Check settings map > map - control & panels > Quick switch button. Is this helpful?
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline PeterPablo

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Improve behaviour of button that allows fast map-switchi
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 13:14:52 »
Menion, I know this setting and it is set to "when outside the map" (second option), though when I scroll outside a map and only see white background I am still not offered the quick switch button.

I played further around and noticed, that when I am for example in zoom level 3 and scroll a lot south then the white background changes to a grid and then the button appears (as expected).  The question is, what the white background means? Is it linked to the map and theme I use? Right now I have the thailand map (www.openandromaps.org) loaded together with the theme "volatile_cycle_hike".

Thank you for looking into it.