Import and store of Custom KMZ Maps

Started by funkyruebe, August 11, 2012, 23:45:05

funkyruebe

Hi,

I have a couple of custom made maps in kmz format I use on my Garmin. I also can use them on my phone and tablet in locus, but I always have to import them, when I start locus. Is there any possibility to keep my maps stored, without importing them erverytime?

Thanks&cheers
funkyruebe
  •  

Menion

hi
  put them into Locus/mapItems directory. These map will be then visible in Menu > map manager > tab Items. If you enabled then here, they'll be automatically loaded during next start (it's feature of last 2.5.6 version).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

funkyruebe

Perfect, menion,

everything works fine - thanks

cheers
funkyruebe
  •  

funkyruebe

Hi menion,

After the weekend update locus breaks down, all the time, while it tries to load my kmz files. I deleted the files and could start locus again. As soon as i copy the kmz files back into the mapitems folder, locus breaks down again.

What happened
Regards
Funkyruebe
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  such troubles? Sorry ... may you please try to import them using "Import feature" (together with "Only display" checkbox) if locus also crash or not? If so then I'll need file or better log with error (obtainer by CatLog program for example)
  •  

funkyruebe

Thanks menion,
Before  I got your reply, I allready checked a couple of things. Actually I don't know what I did first, but at the moment everything works. The smaller map has not been the problem.At one point the larger map worked too, but after restart the programm broke down. After  I had imported, as you wrote, it worked and and after i copied it to the mapfiles folder, everything was fine. But there is one difference to the previous version. Now I allways have to import/activate the wanted map. The previous version allways loaded the last opened map. The new release tried this too, but hang up trying to load the large map. I do not know why it works now, but it works.

Thanks and best regards
Funkyruebe
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  check please new 2.6.1 version on market. Hope that most problems with KML/KMZ should be fixed, but in case of troubles, write me and I'll try to solve it .. somehow, with your help
  •  

lmorgh

Hi!

I have some problems with latest Locus Free (had the same problems with last version, non with one before that).

So...
Before problems started I was using some custom maps (.kml). I put them in /mapItems directory and everything worked as it should. After last update it stoped working. No custom map was showing. Even if i used import. Its the same with latest version. When i put my .kml (with all the maps) into that folder, nothing happens. Same after using import. Funny thing is that my phone starts to lag - that was normal when Locus was showing maps - but now, there are no maps on screen.

I tried reinstalling (and deleting all that was left behind) but without any luck.

My phone is SGS S2 with 4.0.3 android.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
  •  

Menion

may you please share with me your map so I can test it?
  •