Nexus 7 CPU power

Started by Menion, August 08, 2012, 14:32:34

berkley

Yes, my Bluetooth GPS sends 5 points a second. This gives some very exact track.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Joe

Using a OTG cable (micro male to Regular USB female) you can use Flash Drives. The OTG cable tells the Nexus 7 to send power out the port instead of receiving power, and puts it into host mode automatically. The restriction is that you cannot write to the USB drive only read it so you will have to load the maps on it another way.
  •  

kem

Does anybody experience same issue when running Locus on Nexus 7? The problem is in hardware compas. The compas in locus points approximately 90 degree wrong all the time. Other applications don't show such anomaly.
  •  

Menion

kem, issue already fixed and will be fine in next release version (next week)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kem

Great! Thank you Mention. Cheers from Řevnice.
  •  

kem

Quote from: "menion"kem, issue already fixed and will be fine in next release version (next week)

I tested the Locus Pro on Nexus7 today and the direction is still wrong by approx. 90 degree. In addition, the altitude shown in Locus is cca +50m higher than in other programs (e.g. GPS testers) and which is more serious it is 50m above real latutude (according to map). I will keep my fingers crossed you will find time to repair it. Cheers.
  •  

tommi

Hi kem,
I made a test with Nexus 7 Wifi-only Android 4.2.2 today, too.
- For me direction by compass is accurate in both portrait and landscape modes.
- Location matches map according accuracy of GPS (ca. 8m)
- Altitude deviation in my test was ca. +7m with automatic GEOID correction, ca. +70m without correction

Is something special with your tablet? Maybe reboot helps?
Cheers, Tommi
  •  

kem

Quote from: "tommi"Hi kem,
I made a test with Nexus 7 Wifi-only Android 4.2.2 today, too.
- For me direction by compass is accurate in both portrait and landscape modes.
- Location matches map according accuracy of GPS (ca. 8m)
- Altitude deviation in my test was ca. +7m with automatic GEOID correction, ca. +70m without correction

Is something special with your tablet? Maybe reboot helps?
Cheers, Tommi

Well, the point is: the Nexus shows correct altitude using GPS TEST application. On the same location and the same time (in parallel) Locus shows a altitude cca +50m higher. I can simply switch between two applications and see correct altitude on GPS TEST and systematically incorrect altitude about +40+50m on Locus. I tested it again, multiple times.

I investigated it more detailed way and I guess the problem is caused by geoid correction which is applied in GPS TESTer and disabled in Locus. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoid).  When I switch this correction off in the GPS TEST then I get the value similar as in Locus. Vice versa, enabling correction in Locus seems to solve this problem.

Location seems to be correct.
Direction seems to be incorrect in both applications.

Cheers,
kem
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "kem"Well, the point is: the Nexus shows correct altitude using GPS TEST application. On the same location and the same time (in parallel) Locus shows a altitude cca +50m higher. I can simply switch between two applications and see correct altitude on GPS TEST and systematically incorrect altitude about +40+50m on Locus. I tested it again, multiple times.

I investigated it more detailed way and I guess the problem is caused by geoid correction which is applied in GPS TESTer and disabled in Locus. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoid).  When I switch this correction off in the GPS TEST then I get the value similar as in Locus. Vice versa, enabling correction in Locus seems to solve this problem.
Ahm, I already wrote I got the much better result with GEOID correction, didn't you see?

Quote from: "kem"Location seems to be correct.
fine

Quote from: "kem"Direction seems to be incorrect in both applications.
So no Locus problem. Try to calibrate your compass. Move your device a few times in the air describing '8' loops in all 3 axis. It's typically not necessary to use a calibration app as they usually just tell you to move your device around as I wrote.

Cheers,
Tommi
  •