Problem: Select a track when recording a track

Started by foeoerd, August 06, 2012, 22:18:51

foeoerd

Hi,

I hope I didn't overlook any topic with this issue but I think I've found a bug.
When the record-a-track-bar is on screen (the transparent one where you can stop and pause the record) I can't select any other track, for example to guide along this track.
I don't know if this really counts as a bug or just a case uncomfortable control...

Does this problem occur on your devices too? I have Locus Pro and a Galaxy S2.
  •  

Menion

Hmm let's say, it's rather "uncomfortable control" ... if you're using any feature that add additional control panels at bottom of screen, Locus do not allow to select another feature that do same thing. Same with track selection. So you have to firstly disable any such feature (also like "Add new route & measure", or others that use bottom panel) and then you're able to select tracks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

I have used features as Recording and Guiding along track simultaneously with success a few times.
If you're recording you first have to close the bar on the bottom, then select guiding, when guiding has started you can then close the guiding bar and open recording feature again.

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

foeoerd

Quote from: "wvb"If you're recording you first have to close the bar on the bottom, then select guiding, when guiding has started you can then close the guiding bar and open recording feature again.

Yes, that's what I've also figured out by now... after trying to guide back for half an hour... in the middle of the forest... while it was raining..
But now I know how to use it! :P
  •  

Menion

hmm I do not much understand. When you tap on track, then on "guide on" button, then bottom panel disappear right? So you can simply select track record. Or you mean it in opposite way right? So when you have visible bottom panel with track record functions, you may not select any other track for guiding right? Hmmm it's question. I don't like too much when app do some things instead of me, so I prefer to close this panel manually. There may be cases when you tap some track by accident even if you want to have visible track record panel etc. etc ... what you think?
  •  

foeoerd

Now that I know it, it's totally ok for me! I just didn't know when I wanted to use that feature but that's what this forum is for.
  •  

wvb

I also prefer the way it is now.
Close manually and have the option to both record and navigate.

It also took me some time to figure it out, at least I was lucky enough not to be in the rain like foeoerd :-)

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

Menion

ok fine, thanks for feedback. I'll leave it as is
  •