[APP] - version 0.9.15 and more

Started by Menion, February 09, 2011, 21:21:54

Menion

jofre, thanks for the file. As I see, with 13k points, it's so slooooow :) I have to do something with this ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jofre

Great! New version RC 0.9.15.5
I will test it afternoon and let you know. I have one idea which would help us to save a lot of sdcard space.
In download menu, it would be great if you can implement "freeform" highlighter option. For example.. if you wanna highlight area around coast (california) and have only square highlighter option you end up A LOT of unused ocean space being stored to sdcard..

kind regards
  •  

Menion

Hi jofre,
  better is to test version 0.9.16 on market ;) About you idea .. you should already use downloading along path. Define simple path along your cost, set correct width of path and you should also avoid these unwanted map tiles.
  •  

jofre

Hi,

I can do it by defining path along coast, but path max width is not enough to cover area I need to save as one map (from coast to midlands arizona, for example)

cheers
I'll check .16 version as soon as I'll get home from work
  •  

jofre

V16 so far so good. Much less force closes today. Im playin with this new version for about 3hours. Bug is when u create new category it should be empty like 0/0 but it shows number from previously imported file. Then, when u import points it becomes ok. Not a big problem but a bit confusing.

About this freeform highlighter...
Done it the way u suggested but it is bit awkward to not miss any space if wanted map is bigger then radius. I can live with this.. great release!
Thanks
  •  

johny265

Hi Menion, it's a great work that you've done until now! One of the best apps I've seen and so far still for free" I wonder when a paid version is going to be available and what other benefits we get in it  ;)

I have a small problem, but don't know if the problem is between the chair and my phone or somewhere else :-) If I have several different offline maps from different locations stored in Locus and want to switch from one to another, it's a small problem. Locus remains focused to the original locations and you have to manually drag it to the new location. What could be a problem for some people if they don't know or forget the original location and map orientation of the new one (to know, what direction they have to drag the blank space with the "alert" Problem with a connection displayed on the tiles). Would it be possible to focus the center of the screen in the middle of the new selected offline map every time a new offline map is selected? I have some feeling that it's worked in some of the previous version, but am not really sure :)

Cheers!
  •  

Menion

hi johny,
  thanks for nice words.

paid version. My first idea was that in paid version will be My Maps editor and some functions will be limited in free. But my heart is soft and I want to let all be free. But fortunately I'm realist a little so when paid version come out, only disadvantage on free will be permanent advertisement. Later I'll add some more benefits to payed. On other side, I plan low cost for payed version, so you can't expect much benefits ;)

about your problem. It's not on chair, it's in Locus. On old TAR maps, centering was possible but SQLite maps do not have defined area where is map stored so centering is not possible. I'm not sure how to do it. Should help something like "when you long click on map, you'll see dialog with "move on", "delete" (already there). And when you press "move on", map move on predefined location. If you have no predefined location, you'll be asked to define.

Hmm I'm still not sure ... but I'll have to do something with this, that's sure
  •  

johny265

I'm looking forward for the final release. You definitely deserve a reward! :-)

As for the issue, I don't know how this exactly works, I'm not a programmer. But I guess it has to be something in it that defines the localization. If you have to drag the blank map to the position of the offline map, it has to somehow remember its correct coordinates, so it can work with the GPS properly. Or to somehow set the position automatically while the map is being saved to the offline mode (of course for the biggest tiles with the least details only). I think it would be better than to force to manually select a position unless it is not really necessary.
  •  

Menion

oki,
 I created method to move to map "center". It have to be done on user request, not automatically as on TAR maps. So I added this ability to long click on map. Uff. Anyway this is not exact map center. It is calculated as center from first 100 images in lowest zoom. I hope this will work OK. Only problem should be, if you have two separate locations in one file ... hmm better then nothing :)
  •  

berkley

Hey,

I've got a little suggestion for the user interface. It affects the "tools".

It would look and behave better, if all entries work the same. For example, open the tools, click "search in POI", click the little cross in upper right corner and you are back at "tools". Now click "parking", click the little cross in upper right corner and you are back on... the map. Know what I mean?

Greetz, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

exactly, I'm trying to have same behavior like this. Thanks, I'll fix this ....
  •  

suchar

pár postřehů (v. 0.9.19)
v této verzi nelze přidat vlastní stažené mapy (sql format, vel. 1025 MB), po přidáni v menu s offline mapami se sice program tváří, že něco dělá, ale offline mapa této velikosti se do programu nepřidá. Ostatní mapy s menší velikosti (500 a 300 MB jsou přidáno v pohodě).

Další věc se týká startu programu. Po spuštění program vypíše inicializace a tento stav trvá cca 90 sec. (i po několikátém restartu).

Podotýkám, že v předchozí verzi programu jsem tento problém nezaznamenal.
  •  

m787462

Potvrdzujem problém s inicializáciou. Tiež sa mi to stalo. Po nainštalovaní verzie 0.9.19 a spustení sa zobrazila biela obrazovka a nebolo možné s telefónom nič robiť. Nereagoval na žiadne tlačítka. Iba na zhasnutie obrazovky. Po prebudení a odomknutí sa mi podarilo dostať do home screenu a spustit task manager a locus zakillovať. Po ďaľšom spustení písal inicializuje nekonečne dlho. Potom sa už spúšťal rýchlejšie.
  •  

scinkk

No tu bilou obrazovku jsem uz taky parkarat videl a bylo trochu tezsi se ji zbavit ale vzdy to bylo asi jen pri otevreni Locusu primo z Marketu po aktualizaci- takze sjem problem prisoudil memu telefonu a marketu tak nevim :)
  •  

jofre

Pls remove bug in v 0.92. Getting white screen when tryin create new category...that never happened previously
  •