[APP] - version 0.9.15 and more

Started by Menion, February 09, 2011, 21:21:54

Menion

Hi to all,
  Locus slowly come to "final" 1.0 version and I'm doing some main improvements!

actually I need some testing because some important things have changed! so ... please test and report bugs, if any!

Important warning! Database for tracks have changed but I created method to move old data to new one. Anyway, before update, backup your track database (in Locus/poi/dbtracks.sqll) if any problem occur!

16.2.2011 - Locus 0.9.16
  • release on market!

15.2.2011 - Locus 0.9.15.5
  • This is Release Candidate on new version. Contain all required icons, hints on all buttons and many small fixs. May you please test this and let me know if anything goes wrong?? Thanks. I would like to release new version tomorrow!

13.2.2011 - Locus 0.9.15.3
  • new style of dialog of points, waypoints, ...
  • and of course many many small improvements.... :)

10.2.2011 - Locus 0.9.15.2
hmm, I have for you something - you always say "Killer feature" ;)
  • compute track path (car, cycle, foot) on OSM server (when you draw path manually)!!! So, new question (next to question on icons, track export, etc ... on which I still not have any answer!) is how to create any as simple as possible "navigation" along computed or manually created route! Any ideas? Do you think that is enough to draw arrow on next point and just in settings set any value which determine if you moved along point or still not? (This is actually working, distance is 100m)
  • fixed problems with conversiont of track database, please try now!
  • and of course many many small improvements.... :)

9.2.2011 - Locus 0.9.15.1
  • track recording can now be paused! Test if all stats are correct now! (Question - if track was paused during record, do you want to export this track into one line or separate by break point into more then one?)
  • updated track style handling (you'll maybe have to change styles manually to correct value)
  • new really amazing icons in main data screen. Do you like them?
  • better handling of manually created path, you can also add waypoints by click on them
  • many many small improvements. I don't like to write them all ... :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

spawny

Hi,

just a small bug:
It seems that the right panel, when it is hidden, still occupies the screen and does not let user input through the map. If I want to move the map starting where the right hidden toolbar is, then the map cannot be moved. The top hidden toolbar doesn't have this conflict however.

When I start recording a track, it takes quite long (2-5s) where no user input is accepted. Once it is running it works smooth again.
  •  

Menion

Thanks spawny, I'll look at this problems ...
  •  

bbairagee

I am using Locus 0.9.15. It is great. I tried to install  Locus 0.9.15.2 using my phone browser but my phone says 'this application is not supported...'. Any hlep?
  •  

berkley

Hi bbairagee,

this has nothing to do with Locus, at least I guess. ;)
Try to download Teamviewer: //http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer.apk (just to test if other downloads work or not)
If this doesn't work too, look on the market for a file manager called "Astro". In settings you will find a point "Activate Browser Downloads". Check it. Now, all your downloads will work.
But once again. This has nothing to do with Locus. And this is not a bug in android. It is a kind of self protection for not getting stuff you don't want to have on your phone. You always have to be aware, what you are doing!

Have fun!
Greetz, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

berkley

Hi Menion.

No bugs so far. Nice work!

About your questions:
(1) New Icons are great ;)
(2) Paused track recording works, but it automatically saves the first part of the track and makes it unvisible. You have to go to tracks screen and activate it. It's just like recording 2 different tracks. I think it would be better, if you make one track out of it. But it's a matter of taste.
(3.1) Computing track path is also nice. Although I guess I'll never use it, I had a look at it. It may be too complicated for new users. I guess you have to make a small menu for tools. Just ask for Starting and Arrival (by click on map) and add the car-foot-cycle-thing. Know what I mean?
(3.2) OSM has the problem, that it isn't up to date. Just for example the place where I live (a small village) has about 25 roads in reality. It seems that nobody found it important enough to map my village in OSM ;) So there are just 3 roads for my village in OSM... The problem is, that your "navigation engine" can only handle roads that are available in OSM. Again: Know what I mean?
(3.3) It's a good start for navigation. Keep on the work! And so far it works surprisingly great and fast!!!

So, as I mentioned in some other threads I still have problems with the behavior of the very left button in lower panel. Can you please consider to change its function a bit? Like that way: If it's deactivated, all stays the same. If it's activated and you move the map with your fingers, make it deactivate itself.
It's a real pain in the ass if you have it activated and scroll through the maps, zooming in, zooming out, scroll again, finding the place (or the map view) you were looking for, just to see that you've forgotten to deactivate it and find your actual position on the map ;)
I also could live with an option in settings page...

So far, Greetz from sunny Bavaria, can't wait to test Locus in real field conditions!  :mrgreen:

berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

superscout03

new updates are working great, being able to customize the right tabs was a great idea. new icons are awesome as well. one thing that i saw you changed that i personally dont like is i cant have my waypoints show their name on the screen any more unless i tap them or hover over it with the crosshairs. I understand you might of done this to reduce clutter, but being able to see names of waypoint before you arrive to them is a must for an aplication like this. For safety purposes you want to limit having to touch the screen while driving, making an option to have all the names show or not show should be the way to go with this. cause while driving down the road you dont want to be clicking or moving the crosshairs over a waypoint while trying to concentrate on driving. And one more bug, in the menu screen that shows, pints, tracks, catagories, import ect... if i turn my unit sideways into a landscape mode half of the title icons get cut off, in vertical viewing its fine. I have a galaxy tab
  •  

Menion

Hi berkley and scout, thanks for your feedbacks ... so

berkley:
1. agree, I founded amazing graphics guy ;)
2. pause recording: It's working fine. You just have to click on pause and when you want to continue, on rec, not stop!
3.1, 3.2, 3.3 .. OSM aren't perfect, I know i very good. Anyway I don't actually know about any other service that should compute track for free. On second side, I don't want to do any navigation software. Purpose of this is just ... "hmm how can I get from here to here? Click .. ahh, okay, and on bike? click ... aha ... when you play with this actual (for users not much easy) mechanism, you should find that this is very powerful (and little complicated, you're right of course and I know about it) :). But this is just some testing version ...

and finally ... ehm, map centering :D ... YOU are only one, who is still writing me, to remove this functionality. But I really like it as it is :) Is here any chance that you should get used to this? :)

scout:
  ok, I added into settings ability to choose if you want to see all, on hover on nothing (item labels) ..

Your testing means very much for me. Unfortunately I still have to do something new and change something that was already tested and working. So, sorry for that :). In new version I now posted here, I really rapidly rewrote dialog for point and added support for viewing tracks recorded with Google My Tracks software (google finally released new version). Dialog for points should do some troubles, and it really need to check. Also there are missing some icons, but they will come, don't worry ...
  •  

Menion

new version for testing ... candidate for release, please test! thx
  •  

jofre

Tested. Works very well and more smoothly as previous versions. Force closes sometimes when very big poi gpx file loaded (13000+ usa campgrounds). Can you implement possiblity to turn off points in Choose category menu (when showing all categories) without actually entering that menu? It takes ages to load it up. Thanks
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  fine.
1) thanks for tests ;)
2) may you send me for testing you camp file? I'm sure I can do some tweaks to prevent force close (hope), but I don't have so big file :)
3) you can disable all points in quick menu (which you can lunch on right panel on map screen). You want this functionality also on another screen?
  •  

berkley

Hi.

I'm at work. No time for long texts. But i had a look at the RC and so far everything works fine.

But in general you have to have a look at file size.

Greetz, berkley
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

jofre

It would be great to have ability to switch it off in Data manager-> Points -> here. Something like small thick next to point category name. Thanks

I will send you my camp file this evening
  •  

jofre

Hi asamm, forget my previous question about turning off POI categories on map. I have actually find now. It is exactly where you said it is :) God, I'm lame... sorry about that.
Keep on with this app, it is awesome!

regards
  •  

Menion

ok, fine :) anyway I added this "select all" also on points screen on top left button. I had to do simple "hack", just when category you're actually watching, isn't in that list what I think don't mind ...

ok, thanks guys, I'll release new version tomorrow morning if any new feedback or heavy mistake occur.

and about the size. I know, it's tax for nice graphics and growing amount of code ;)
  •