Public Footpaths and Bridleways

Started by Terry, July 31, 2012, 17:42:30

Terry

Having used Locus Pro now for a few months Geocaching I find it great. As I live in an area where most of the caches are on moorland or farmland I carry an OS Map with me to ensure I don't upset the landowners. It would be nice if the map used by Locus contained the Public Footpaths and Bridleways. I have experimented caching the online maps and found that OSM regional / Open-PT-Map has the detail required, but when I zoom in on certain areas I get A box with "Access Blocked This application is blocked for overusing Open Street Maps's volunteer-run severs: wiki.osm.org/Blocked"

My question is, does anyone know of maps that I can use with Locus with this detail on. Either paid for or otherwise, as getting an OS map out in wind is not fun  :) .  

Terry
  •  

skids

Hi there
Did you realise you can download OS maps for offline use with Locus?  Go to the online maps manager tab, scroll down to 'Bing' then 'OS Maps', and download your required area in the usual way.  Zoom level 14 is the 1:50,000 scale map, with level 15 is switches to 1:25,000

Alternatively, find an old version of Mobile Atlas Creator (1.8?) with can be used to download OS maps.
  •  

Terry

Thanks for that skids. Unfortunately I don't have Bing on my list of online maps, I take it you have Berkley's add on which is no longer available.
I will look at mobile map creator.
terry
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "Terry"I don't have Bing on my list...
...which is no longer available...
:?: what do you mean with "is no longer available"  :?:

Terry

gynta
I must appologize. Having read skids post I did a search of the Forum for "online map sources" and found Berkley post linking to XDA forum,and that link was dead.
Maybe I should read all the posts the search brought up [:(], as I have done now and found it is an Add On which is now installed.

Terry
  •