Map Import without data connection

Started by forlax_12, July 29, 2012, 18:13:13

forlax_12

Hi

After importing a map with the Map Manager menu and  Items tab, without data connection, the POI icons are very small dot !!!

Regards
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  this is only possible in case you import KML file with custom styles (custom icons) that need to be downloaded from internet. If this is that case, there is not much to do with it. Icons will be loaded when you connect to internet next time you'll want to display these points
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

forlax_12

Hi

Is not possible to have a default icon icon like black star on orange background.
If I remember correctly it worked like that in a previous version.

Regards

Locus Pro
HTC One S with ICS
  •  

Menion

then may I ask you for some sample file I should test? It's possible that there is some issue so I'll check it personally. Thanks
  •  

forlax_12

Please find a gpx file.
Look the POI icon "Orly Ouest - Voiture de Location", it is display with a very samll dot.
The other POI icons are ok because i allready imported with data connexion other gpx file with the same icon

Regards.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  sorry for a late response ...

what I did

1. created new empty category with some custom icon
2. imported your file into this category
3. icons appear on map, but only few of them had wanted icon. Most of them had default icons of category (so maybe in your case icon of category was just dot?)
4. after a while of thinking, I just disabled all points and enabled them all again and all had now correct icon (which was during step 3 finally probably loaded from internet).

so I think that if you just disable/enable all points, they should appear with correct icons
  •  

forlax_12

Hi

Thank for your answer menion
But
With the Import data, the POI icons are Ok
With Map manger/Items Tab the POI icons are very small dot

Regards
  •