Geocaching - no listing for mysteries

Started by RobRoy2, July 29, 2012, 12:50:23

RobRoy2

Dear all,

I'm new in this forum and only used Locus Free so far for geocaching; so pls forgive me if I post silly question(s)

I'm currently using c:geo and Locus free in parallel. Reason for this is, that Locus (free) don't show either listing and (spoiler) pictures nor comments for mysteries.  >>> > for example I tried GC3NHHW << but c:geo do  and works fine.

Since I find it awesome to switch between c:geo & Locus I planned to upgrade for Locus Pro. I installed Pro version and checked it out but have had the same mysterious trouble: no listing, no picture no comments :(

Can anybody give me a hint if it's my fault and -if- what I need to change to make it happen ?

Thanx in advance
RobRoy2
  •  

Menion

Hello RobRoy,
  may you write me what is source for caches you import to Locus? And also is this happening only for mystery caches (which is indeed weird)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

RobRoy2

Hi Menion,
I'm premium member @ groundspeak and generate my caches via PQ.
Meanwhile I found the offlinizer button which takes a hell of a time to download pictures :( which should already be in the PQs ? It seems that every update of the PQs made pictures lost ?
For offlinizer I suggest to only load pictures which are not already downloaded - if this is possible ?
PS I'm using live API for this purpose
  •  

Menion

oki so if you import data from PocketQuery files, then there should be all listings! If not, so if you don't see any listing, send me this PQ and I'll try to import it and check

Secondly, if you import PQ files, there are no images!! It's just plain text. All images are loaded from internet when they're firstly needed in long or short listings! GC Offlinizer serve only one purpose and this is pre-loading images so you can see them even if you're offline. Also spoilers aren't included in PQ listings so they cannot be visible in listing you see in Locus. C:GEO grab whole html page so it also include all images, even spoilers etc.

I have same experience with a long time. I've tested it and it took around 1 hour to load images for 1000 caches. Quite long, but you usually don't need this and when yes, there's no problem to prepare it before you leave.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •