Timestamp in live tracking confusion

Started by durian, July 17, 2012, 17:52:57

durian

I am probably going mad, but.... I have the live-tracking to send the time in unix-epoch seconds, and it just sent "1342626462". If I convert that to localtime again, it is on the 18th of july. But it is only the 17th. The time itself seems right, but can it be 24 hours wrong? Bug in my telephone?

-peter
  •  

Menion

this value in locus (time from locus is in milliseconds, but seems you know it) is then Jul 18, 2012 5:47:42 PM (in my timezone GMT+2), so if this really come from Locus it have to be problem on client, not you server. But you see correct time in your phone and also in Locus right?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

It is strange. Here is the apache access.log from just now. I am sending time as {s} (parameter "dt") and in the human readable format (parameter "time":
78.69.nnn.nn - - [18/Jul/2012:10:14:40 +0200] "GET /trips/add_pt.php?lat=..&lon=..&dt=1342685680&time=2012-07-19T10%3A14%3A40 HTTP/1.1" 200 20 "-" "Locus/2.5.2 (Linux; U; Android; en-us)"
The server log shows the 18th, and the date on the values from locus are on the 19th. If I look on my phone in the date/time settings, it says that it takes the time from the network, and that the date is the 18th. Time zone is GMT+2. Also, if I show "Time, battery" in the Locus map, it shows "10:22, jul 18" now.

Where does it go wrong?!  :o

-peter
  •  

Menion

hmm so it mean that it's incorrect time in location from GPS! Because as I'm searching through code, I just grab location from GPS and send time from this location in url ... so I added some time-correction. Check next version and in case of remaining troubles, we'll as usually continue with fixing
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

durian

I was also thinking about the gps time being wrong somehow. I used the "gps status" app to check but it only showed the time, not the date. If that is the problem then it depends maybe on the gps in the phone, so not all phones will have this problem...

Ah: //http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9035866/gps-returns-one-day-ahead

-peter
  •