Re-use a saved track for navigation

Started by franc, July 17, 2012, 17:37:14

tramp20

Hi menion,
in the screenshot I miss CoPilot Live as my favorite navigation program (of course installed).
Do you limit this selection to 4 or can I do something?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

tommi

Ahm, Data/Aufgezeichnet? This sounds that you recorded a track with GPS? Is that true?
Maybe I'm asking stupid questions but initially you wrote "I made a track with Locus" which again sounds like you recorded one.
Did you check this page http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/commun ... e_creation, too?

*edit*: Ah, I think I understand now: In the "Navigate to" tutorial (which was made by Gynta, not me, sorry I mixed it up with "Navigation start" by me) "Store permanently" isn't ticked. Due to recent changes in 2.12.0 this route doesn't persist as a temporary file. Therefore you need to tick "Store Permanently" in order to get the route stored in the database for later use.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tramp20"Hi menion,
in the screenshot I miss CoPilot Live as my favorite navigation program (of course installed).
Do you limit this selection to 4 or can I do something?
Hey, tramp, this is completely ot! This forum is not only to help you but also for other people to follow discussions and problem solutions. Which is merely possible if topic is changed during discussion.

Nevertheless, I have more than 4 options. Maybe you find your Navi software behind "Maps".
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "tommi"Hey, tramp, this is completely ot!
Nevertheless, I have more than 4 options. Maybe you find your Navi software behind "Maps".

Sorry, I really wanted to make a new topic :-(

And yes under Maps I ca see my Copilot. Thank you.

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "tommi"This sounds that you recorded a track with GPS? Is that true?

Yes.
It seems that I can use a recorded track only for Guiding. Is this true?

User ID acc406201
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tramp20"
Quote from: "tommi"This sounds that you recorded a track with GPS? Is that true?

Yes.
It seems that I can use a recorded track only for Guiding. Is this true?
Yes, that's basically true.

The only thing you can do with a recorded track which goes into the direction of navigation was discussed here https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... _your_ears resp. https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... directions.
You can activate it as described on http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... gs:guiding Tracks/Notification settings/Notify when switching to another point.
But this is better for tracks with few points (mainly only points at locations where a change of direction is necessary) which you can draw with http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... te_measure.
If you use it with a recorded track you'll get a lot of redundant notifications that you should go straight.
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "tommi"Yes, that's basically true.

Thank you.
I made a test for a new route with http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual:navigate_to
and will try this tomorrow.

Gynta wrote:
5. Now choose the means of transportation, for example the bicycle. This will activate the route calculation. At this point you need to be online(!).

Do I have to be online (after calculating and storing) during the navigation?

Edit:
I found the answer on one of your texts:
    For creation of a navigation route internet access is needed!
    For navigation on a previously created navigation route no internet is needed

The TTS voice is terrible compared with Copilot or Navigon :-(

User ID acc406201
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tramp20"The TTS voice is terrible compared with Copilot or Navigon :-(
I know Navigon voice and would say it's slightly better than TTS on my SGS3.
However it might be that TTS on your phone is much worse.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tramp20"The TTS voice is terrible compared with Copilot or Navigon :-(
try out to change between
samsung
google
ivona
or
svox

-> google play

tommi

Quote from: "gynta"try out to change between
samsung
google
ivona
or
svox

-> google play
change to samsung I guess is only possible on phones of this vendor, google should be contained in android.
Ivona and svox in playstore
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "gynta"
try out to change between
samsung
google
ivona
or
svox

-> google play

I changed now from com.google.android.tts (very bad) to
                              com.svox.classic          (better).

Thanks.

User ID acc406201
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "tramp20"I changed now from com.google.android.tts (very bad) to
                              com.svox.classic          (better).

Thanks.
I guess you're aware that this is a 2weeks demo for the language data. Or did I get this wrong - or you maybe already purchased it?
  •  

Menion

guys, switch to Ivona, really!! It's best voice I found after some tests. Hmm best ... it's amazing :)). It's quite huge (around 150MB compare to 20MB TTS by Google), but I'm mostly not sure if this is really TTS or some recorded navigation voice.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "tommi"I guess you're aware that this is a 2weeks demo for the language data. Or did I get this wrong - or you maybe already purchased it?

Of course I purchased Petra :-)

User ID acc406201
  •  

franc

Quote from: "menion"guys, switch to Ivona... It's ...around 150MB .
Does it install to the internal sd-card only? 150 MB is too big for mine.
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •