Offline route

Started by staszek_s, July 13, 2012, 15:21:12

staszek_s

Hello everyone,
this is my first post here. I am using Locus pro for few months and I am very satisfied. For now I am planning to go abroad for holidays, I will be not able to be online during my trip. Is there any possibility to use saved in Locus route and follow it being offline ? I know that full navigation is only online but I hope it is possible to see the map (I have vector one), the route and maybe some instructions or direction arrow ...
When I want to check it now Locus crashes - I am taping on the route, then pressing "navigate" and getting a message "Unfortunately application Locus Pro has been stopped", even if I have the wifi connection active. Could you advice me anything ?
  •  

Menion

Hi, and welcome here :)

Locus crash?? Ah damn, this should not happen. Are you using latest version? Anyway, Locus should works completely offline. Only moment when you need internet connection is when you want a NEW route for voice navigation (oh yes and for address search but it's well known).

So,
  firstly: let's get rid of this crash. If you use latest version of Locus, please install also application CatLog from Google Play, then run Locus and right after crash, start this new CatLog application and from menu choose send. Then send me result by email and I'll promptly check it. This have to work correctly!

then: when you draw track by "Add new route" feature, you may then be guidied or navigated (depend if you also compute routing orders during creating). This route should be stored in Tracks screen and you may use it anytime later without need of internet connection.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

-> Start the app "catlog"
 (install free from google play:
 https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... son.logcat

-> Wait 10 seconds and put catlog in the background

-> Start Locus/Pro

-> Reproduce your crash / forced close / what ever

-> Switch to catlog

-> Wait 10 seconds

-> Save catlogfile from "catlog/saved_logs/..." and send this together
 with the crash log from "locus/logs/..." directory
 to locus(@)asamm.com (without parenthesis)

-> Dont forget a short description

EDIT:
 damn - Menion u are too fast  ;)

staszek_s

Hi,
Quote from: "menion"Are you using latest version? Anyway, Locus should works completely offline. Only moment when you need internet connection is when you want a NEW route for voice navigation (oh yes and for address search but it's well known).

yes, I have the newest version from the Market.
I have sent logs to locus(at)asamm.com, hopefully they will be useful to find the reason...
Many thanks for so quick reply, also to gynta !
Quote from: "menion"then: when you draw track by "Add new route" feature, you may then be guidied or navigated (depend if you also compute routing orders during creating). This route should be stored in Tracks screen and you may use it anytime later without need of internet connection.
[/quote]
I am using online search and navigation, when new route is shown I am closing it and the route is visible in my routes. I have renamed it and I understand that it can be used anytime, even offline.
If there was accessible offline also navigation voice I would be happy but it's enough to have only on screen guide...
  •  

tommi

Don't worry, the nav  voice is available in offline mode
  •  

staszek_s

Great!
It has to be something wrong in my phone, I have just tested it during a small trip. Navigation worked some time but after about 10 min Locus crashed again. Maybe I should reinstall it ...
  •  

gynta

u should read post 2 (and 3)... :roll:

staszek_s

Quote from: "gynta"u should read post 2 (and 3)... :roll:
I have done it, log has been sent by mail.
Have you read post no 4 ? ;)
  •  

gynta

not all of the spam ;)
please be patient...

staszek_s

I am patient, I thought that only Menion can analyze it...
Many thanks for your support, I hope there is some solution.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
  I'm finally back :)

so 1. thanks for logs. It contain one weird issue in your Text-to-speech engine. To be true, whole speech engine in Locus is not best. I know it and it's fact. Because navigation in Locus is one of most used features, for my big surprise, I'll improve it in next month. Anyway I already "fixed" issue you have, so app will not crash, but also will not probably speak. If you want to use voice navigation, I really suggest to create some voices for you by this method http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ion_voices

and 2. "Add new route" function is your friend if you want to create some routes and save them for later use. For this case, I just wrote this manual http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... te_measure (I really don't like to write such long texts so that's why Locus still don't have perfect manual, but as you see, we're working on it) ... look at it, read it, say me if something is not clear and I'll describe it more precisely or different
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

del me plz

tommi

Quote from: "menion"If you want to use voice navigation, I really suggest to create some voices for you by this method http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ion_voices
Thanks to Gynta, there are already ogg voices available here in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2056
Quote from: "menion"and 2. "Add new route" function is your friend if you want to create some routes and save them for later use. For this case, I just wrote this manual http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... te_measure (I really don't like to write such long texts so that's why Locus still don't have perfect manual, but as you see, we're working on it) ... look at it, read it, say me if something is not clear and I'll describe it more precisely or different
Even I learnt something new from this manual, namely the option to mix routing and non routing parts in one track!
  •  

staszek_s

Hi Menion,
thank you for the info, I am really impressed how this forum and your support works!
It can be some problem with my txt to speach engine, it doesn't wont work with Navi navigation also, which I am just testing before the trip.
I will switch it off and check then.
I suppose your patch will be accessible in new version, when it appears in the market - right ?
Regarding to the route, i have used the traseo.pl service, because it is more comfortable on a bigger screen, then I have imported the track to Locus.
Is it possible to calculate and save for the offline use a navigation guide for such an imported track ?
Anyway I will test this mechanism in Locus, seems very simple.
QuoteThanks to Gynta, there are already ogg voices available here in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2056
ok, thanks - I am just taking them. Unfortunately Polish one is probably not there, maybe I will try to make my own when I have time :)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "staszek_s"..Unfortunately Polish one is probably not there
see viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2056&p=14165#p14165