Locus sucks battery

Started by jusc, July 01, 2012, 15:16:15

jusc

Today was my first cycle ride with Locus 2.5.0. I used vector maps without 3G and display most off. But on the road, after only two hours the the battery drains from 100% to only 36%.  :shock: In between my tour I rebooted the phone, because I thought there is anonther app in the background. But later with only Locus started to record the track, the same behaviour as before. I controlled only a few times, up to ten times I think my tour with display for 30 seconds each time.
Back home, I closed Locus waited two hours and the battery drains only 2%.

For compare: with Locus 2.4.x (2 or 3) battery losed only up to 10% per hour with the same maps and same controls with display.
Please have a look.

I loaded some OruxMaps maps onto the sdcard for Locus. Can this be a problem, because locus tries to read maps in background?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

know issue jusc, sorry for that. Still no idea and helpful info that lead to source of this trouble https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... 0_cpu_load ... I'm playing and testing it on my device for a few hours and still nothing. Interesting ...

if you find feature that may causing this, I'll be more then thankful ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"if you find feature that may causing this, I'll be more then thankful ...

As I need my good Locus v2.3.4 I installed a fresh Locus free v2.5:
1. Only displaying a raster map (OutdoorActive) without GPS I have 60% CPU load.
2. after switching to another screen (e.g. homescreen) the CPU load drops immediately to ca. 10 %, switching to the Locus screen the load is again at 60%.

Perhaps this can help you.
Can a catlog help too?

Edit: I sent it to mailto:locus@asamm.com">locus@asamm.com with the name tramp20_cpu_load_2012-07-01-15-43-33.zip.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

nothing in log anyway I found that it happen only on 2.x android, so I took my old, almost not working 2.3.3 device and going to test it ... I'll put here some working version for normal usage and test till regular version will be on Google Play. Thanks for help for now ...
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"nothing in log anyway I found that it happen only on 2.x android, so I took my old, almost not working 2.3.3 device and going to test it ... I'll put here some working version for normal usage and test till regular version will be on Google Play. Thanks for help for now ...

We had a similar problem already here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1648&p=10108#p10108

Good luck.

User ID acc406201
  •  

jusc

I tried with the CPU memory monitor (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tor4&hl=en)
While using this app, the CPU memory monitor app is in foreground (where else  :lol: ) and doesn´t show Locus (name of Locus is "pro" in the CPU memory monitor).
But if you switch from Locus to CPU memory monitor you can see for a moment the app "pro". After next refresh of CPU MM, "Locus disapears from list"

Is it possible, that Locus doesn´t go "to the backround", even if the display closes? I use in settings "no lockscreen". On my tour I did not try to get another app in the foreground, because I want to have fast Locus on screen.
Looks like Locus is always in foreground? :?:
Regards J.
  •  

nIgel

Seems that this problem only persists on the Mapscreen (even if no map is selected).

My testings (measured with Cool Tool):
One Compegps-RMAP open:
CPU50% and 1024MHZ (highest value), the frequency doesn't go down.
Back in the setting window:
CPU 10%, frequency 245 MHZ
Opening an OSM Vector Map (offline):
CPU 75%, frequency 1024 MHZ
Opening Outdoor Active Map (Online)
CPU: 65%, Frequ. 1024MHZ
Opening OSM Map (Online without internet connection)
CPU: 69%, Frequ. 1024MHZ

Device SE ST15i, Android 2.3.4
  •  

Menion

no more testing needed, thanks guys. It's similar problem like before 3 months but I'm so stupid, that I cannot find solution now. Problem is just on 2.X devices where screen is permanently redrawing ...
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"no
more testing needed, thanks guys. It's similar problem like before 3 months but I'm so stupid, that I cannot find solution now. Problem is just on 2.X devices where screen is permanently redrawing ...
So I can go sleeping now :-)

User ID acc406201
  •  

nIgel

Quote from: "tramp20"So I can go sleeping now :-)

Allready tried that approach, didn't really help...
  •  

Menion

•