re-download locus question.

Started by Bovinexpress, June 30, 2012, 18:44:16

Bovinexpress

Quick question, Menion got me to download a test version (2.4.3.4) of locus that expired today. and it says in google play that locus is up to date. if i uninstall locus from my phone and re-download locus will i lose all my recorded tracks or offline maps or offline geocaches or anything for that matter?
  •  

tommi

Hmm, a bit strange this time. There was always also a new version of Locus Free when Menion made a release. Even this time it seems that the version 2.5.0 is on the market but I have the same problem (actually no problem for me as mainly use Locus Pro and Locus Free only for test of test versions) that market tells me that Locus Free is up to date.

Regarding backup: I'm not completely sure you loose data but in any case you should
- make a complete backup of your locus folder (typically folder Locus either on internal or external sd card), this should include both downloaded maps and recorded tracks
- make a backup of your settings http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... cellaneous
- can't tell you anything about geocaches as I'm no geocacher

Even better would be to wait for Menion to confirm what I wrote as I never was in this situation before.

Good luck!
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
  by uninstalling Locus, you loose ONLY your application settings. All points, maps, tracks, wms maps list .. all remain on your SD card in Locus directory. Usually all works as tommi expected. Unfortunately I was testing some features and needed to increase internal version number to next market version and forget to put it back to this testing version. Because of this, market do not offer you new Free version from market. Sorry ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Bovinexpress

Thanks menion and Tommi i was just about to post that i followed Tommi's instructions and copied my folder etc but as menion said it was all there for me to use upon first start up.  the only thing i had to do was reload my settings i had saved and everything qas normal and my right menu back.
thanks guys.
  •