Problem with navigation

Started by Axles, June 26, 2012, 18:07:42

Axles

Hi, first sorry for my english.
I have a problem with navigation to POI. I click on POI 'Ojców' -> 'navigate to' -> 'short' then displayed message  "Track 'Track' saved"
But navigation isn't work and in 'data manager' -> 'tracks' Tracks have0h:00m:00s and 0.0m
What is wrong?
  •  

Menion

Hello Axles,
  interesting. Is your internet connection working? This is first think I have on mind (anyway in this case you should see some "Internet problem" message and no track). What about GPS connection? Enabled and your location is visible on map? (blue circle). Or you should try compute route with menu > functions > Navigate to. This allow to define start and end destination manually and then start computing
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Axles

Hello.
My internet connection is working good (wifi) and GPS too (8/9 fix and location is visible on map).
I find where is problem.
Screen: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5IYq1 ... 21SeTF2VDQ
Coords: N 50 12.385'  E 19 49.615'
I want to navigate to the 'zacisze' and choose 'short', then displays the error (which I described in a previous post), but if I select 'foot' it all works well.
The problem is the street with a 'traffic ban' sign.

Could someone report a bug to the author, because my English is poor?

Edit:
Next bug:
Route record overwrites the previous route (if it is another category and name, too)
  •  

Menion

Hello Axel,
  so problem in first case is where? All navigation is computed on server, so if you do not receive result you expect, problem should be in OSM data used on server or in server algorithm itself. Suggest to change source for compute from default MapQuest to CloudMade and try it again

and route record should not overwrite older tracks, this is not possible!! Only place where track is overwritten is when you navigate to any place. Then new route overwrite previous.
  •  

Axles

Hi.
I reset the program to factory default settings and works everything.
Today I updated the program, thank you for the changes, and after the update program generally runs slower than before, and once stopped working.

Ps. Is there a chance to create a section in Polish?
Ps2. Where can I remove the downloaded maps by 'select area', 'select path' leaving cached maps as they were?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  little bit weird that factory reset helped, but ... everything is possible :), anyway, sorry for "slow" problems. It's already reported issue and will be fixed in tomorrow quick update

PS: you mean here on forum? It's of course possible but I'm worried that here is not too much Polish users. It's by stats "only" around 3% of users
PS2: downloaded maps are stored in Personal tab in map manager if you use default values for downloading. Anyway it may be different if you select other download type. More here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... load_types
  •  

Axles

Quote from: "menion"PS2: downloaded maps are stored in Personal tab in map manager if you use default values for downloading. Anyway it may be different if you select other download type. More here http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... load_types

The 'personal' maps are collected using 'separate maps (SQL type)'. But where are the maps obtained with the 'shared online map (SQL type)'? (Sometimes they occupy 100MB :-)

I have a TAR map which I put in 'Locus/map' and they were visible in the 'personal' tab, but after downloading any area of ​​'separate maps (SQL type)' (example the name of Paris) my TAR maps no longer to be visible (but are in the 'Locus/map' .)
When I delete a map of Paris, TAR maps are again visible.
Is this normal?
  •  

Menion

cache of online maps and also tiles stored by "Shared type" are stored in Locus/mapsOnline directory

so problem is when SQLite and TAR mape have same name right? This is of course bug, I'll check it thanks
  •  

Axles

Quote from: "menion"so problem is when SQLite and TAR mape have same name right? This is of course bug, I'll check it thanks
TAR map: Jura Krak-Cz. Polnocna2.tar
Jura Krak-Cz. Poludniowa2.tar
WyzSlask_10E.tar
WyzSlask_10W.tar
ŚląskiePN_B_1.100 000.tar

SQL map:
Piekary Śląskie.sqlitedb

but ... after creating a new map, everything is ok
sorry for the confusion, again :)
  •  

Menion

no need to sorry. If there is problem, it's usually on my side!

Anyway is everything working now or not? I'm little bit confused :)
  •  

Axles

Now all is't ok :)
  •