Request: Separate NMEA logs per recording

Started by curio, June 18, 2012, 10:26:04

curio

Hello,

When NMEA logging is enabled, Locus will currently write a single NMEA file per day (named after the date), even when recording separate sections (i.e., stopping track recording intermediately and recording another track later on the same day).  This will yield an NMEA log with gaps, and if I want to put the logs to use to, e.g., evaluate the individual sections, I'll have to split the file manually.

Would it be possible to change this behavior in such a way that a separate NMEA log is written per recording?  Locus might, for example, suffix the file name with an incremental number.  You might even choose to start adding that suffix only if the suffix-less file already exists, which would keep the current naming scheme for the first (and possibly only) track per day.

Thanks,

Marco
  •  

Menion

done, check "separate_nmea_records" key

http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ation_file
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

curio

Was that already in Locus prior to my request, or did you add this just now?  It's great in any case.  Thanks!
  •  

Menion

it was task on half an hour and because I understand this and seems logical for me, and also because new settings in configuration file is not something that will confuse people, it wasn't problem to create it ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

curio

Thanks again.  Your dedication is truly outstanding. :-)
  •