where can I find recorded tracks? :?:
Maybe I´m blind?!  

And what is the format?

Regards Jürgen
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  recorded tracks are stored in Tracks panel. They are named by time that recording started I think :). If you want to get them out of locus, click on track and press export. Did you find them?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

yes, Thank you. I looked first to sdcard, but I have to export the trak at first.
a.
I would propose to create a "tracks" directory with the installation of locus like the /locus/maps  /locus/poi ==> locus/tracks. It looks a bit more "clean".
b.
For me it would make sense to export a track automaticly for using afterwards in other programs. And for me the most common format seems tob a gpx-file.

Just proposes  :D

Regards Jürgen
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hi,
ad a) you're right ... because export isn't only for tracks, but also for points, I create "export" directory in Locus root folder

ad b) I don't agree. Many users, together with me, have a lot of tracks in Locus, so I thing that much better is export just that, which user want. Anyway, track handling needs many improvements so any global export should come ... (reasonable wishes are welcome on this theme)
  •  

jusc

It´s yours,  :D
But to explain my wish: I use my tracks mostly after a tour at the same day (biking, runnig, walking). So easiest way to get it on to the PC is to connect the PC via USB with my smartphone and to copy the "exported" foo.gpx track to the PC. After copying I just double click the file to load it for instance in mapsource.

Apropos, ist it possible to get it in the other direction for instance to dowload tracks from gpsies.com and to use in locus?
the easiest way is, that locus can read .gpx files.

Regards Jürgen
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

I completely understand ...

but as I said before, I'll do more tweaks for tracks handling later ...

about improting from GPSies, I tried now one KML file and this works fine. KML import one point (at start) and track. Point containt some informations also.
  •