Some Functions not working in 3G

Started by huins, May 23, 2012, 09:13:55

huins

Hello Menion,

I have noticed that the functions Weather and LocusShop not working in 3G coverage :( . The are only working with WiFi coverage....
This is also happened when uploading my trips to GoBreadCrumble, with 3G coverage isn't possible to choose a bundle :(  This is also only working with WiFi coverage...

Best Regards,

Ronald
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "huins"I have noticed that the functions Weather and LocusShop not working in 3G coverage :( . The are only working with WiFi coverage....

Can you please verify it once more? For me, the functions Weather and LocusShop work with 3G.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

hmm interesting. Even if this will be issue in Locus, I have really no idea what to do with this. System itself take care of communication over internet, and it's not even a little bit, in my hands. Because I also don't have such problems and I don't heard about it from someone else, I think it should be some temporary problem in network around you
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

copy/paste  ;)
Quote from: "huins"I have noticed that the functions Weather and LocusShop not working in 3G coverage :( . The are only working with WiFi coverage....
Hello huins,
Can you please verify it once more? For me, the functions Weather and LocusShop work with 3G.

Henk van der Spek

For me too, the functions Weather and LocusShop work with 3G.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

huins

Strange, THE only thing i have done is, move THE Locus folder from USB mass storage to my 32GB external_sd card.

Edit: move THE Locus folder back to his original place USB mass storage and restart Locus. Same problem... When viewing weather in 3G coverage...error process failed.

I moved THE folders with Root Explorer on my rooted SGS+

Best regards
  •  

Menion

hehe have to say it's quite funny :). I'm almost sure that Locus is innocent in this, sorry ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

huins

Quote from: "menion"hehe have to say it's quite funny :). I'm almost sure that Locus is innocent in this, sorry ...

I can live with it, otherwise it is a super app :D
  •  

druki

@huins: Have you checked the settings of your rooted phone? As I know it is different to "normal" behaviour if you have root and an app wants to use some system functions. Maybe there is a restriction with 3G?
Sorry, I have no experience with root, but I have read about it and this could be the reason of the behaviour at your phone. I hope, this helps you.
Greetings, Druki.
  •