Is there any topo map for France available to use is in Locu

Started by xxAxelxx, May 17, 2012, 15:20:52

ukuest

@skids: Thank you for pointing to this, I can wait for a general solution. "Quick map change" - did not know this, great tip!

@mimichris: Thanks, will try this next time!
  •  

skids

Tried using topomap to download another area of France today.  All tiles downloads are failing.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem - is it an issue with geoportail, or am I being blocked maybe?

Ah - don't worry - I've just gone to the geoportail website, and there's a message about possible problems until end July, so I guess that explains it.
  •  

Quote from: "skids"Tried using topomap to download another area of France today.  All tiles downloads are failing.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem - is it an issue with geoportail, or am I being blocked maybe?

Ah - don't worry - I've just gone to the geoportail website, and there's a message about possible problems until end July, so I guess that explains it.

I also could not make TopoMap work with Geoportail / IGN France.

It seems that Geoportail changed their projection (and possibly other things) July 2012. I guess this might be the reason.
The good news however is that MOBAC now works like a charm with Geoportail!

Just create an XML file in the mapsources directory of MOBAC with this content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<customMapSource>
   <name>Geoportail</name>
   <minZoom>0</minZoom>
   <maxZoom>18</maxZoom>
   <tileType>jpg</tileType>
   <tileUpdate>None</tileUpdate>
   <url>http://gpp3-wxs.ign.fr/6usqvehthxi0ck95g2s9sc36/wmts?SERVICE=WMTS&amp;VERSION=1.0.0&amp;REQUEST=GetTile&amp;LAYER=GEOGRAPHICALGRIDSYSTEMS.MAPS&amp;STYLE=normal&amp;FORMAT=image/jpeg&amp;TILEMATRIXSET=PM&amp;TILEMATRIX={$z}&amp;TILEROW={$y}&amp;TILECOL={$x}</url>
   <backgroundColor>#000000</backgroundColor>
</customMapSource>

And then start up MOBAC and select Geoportail as your map source. Use atlas format "Big Planet Tracks SQLite" and you can add it straight to Locus! :D
  •  

noutters

Sorry! I had to delete my entry about importing IGN Geoportail maps in Locus.
IGN does not appreciate Locus downloading illegally maps from GĂ©oportail.
This was against the terms of use of the site.
  •  

jusc

Thank you. I think a lot of people waited for this. Works excellent.  :mrgreen:

You may unzip this small symbol into the same directory, where you have your provider.xml.
Regards J.
  •