[Theme] OSM Cyclo

Started by ppiter, May 15, 2012, 22:11:40

ppiter

Does anybody created a cylcle theme like OSM Cyclo and is willing to share it?

I tried to create a theme with vector map and overlay for cycleroutes provided here viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1876. But I failed.
Thank you
  •  

jusc

Sorry for the delay, but it is not implemented yet in the mapsforge renderer.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... OUKUZcK04E
http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issu ... 20Modified
Regards J.
  •  

kech61

Hello,

Making Cycle maps is a complicated task. A theme is 1% of the job. Mapsforge can only render nodes and ways - cycle and hiking ways are organized in relations...

Wait 2 weeks, Cycle Maps will be available, I promisse..

Christian

Gesendet von meinem ST17i mit Tapatalk 2
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

jurajs

excited
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "kech61"Hello,

Making Cycle maps is a complicated task. A theme is 1% of the job. Mapsforge can only render nodes and ways - cycle and hiking ways are organized in relations...

Wait 2 weeks, Cycle Maps will be available, I promisse..

Christian
Help Christian to get the remaining issues resolved by starring this discussion in mapsforge-dev: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... Pp19dT5yeg
  •  

kech61

Hello,

I'm shure that Thilo from the mapsforge-team will solve most of our technical issues in the future.

Please dont put too much preasure on him  ;) , as I experienced he is a one-man-show in wide areas of this project,
and I dont want that he leaves this project in frustration - the work he had done its way to precious for the community.

For me the tech-issues are solved far enough to make a version freeze this weekend, the quality of the cycle routes matches Andy Allens OpenCycleMap in wide areas - I developed the resolving scripts with an eye on his maps.
Most of the problems I experienced the last weeks had nothing to do with technics but with wrong tagged relations - I had to find a ballance between skipping them and setting rules (AND code them) that handle suspicious data with additional general rules.

So 50% of the work is done, now the anoying stuff starts, basicly setting up a website, finding sponsors for bandwidth, proteting against download-crawlers, writing the legal stuff, asking for permission to use the contour data of viewfinderpanoramas (its only free for personal use), _maybe_ providing themes for different apps (Locus is the only app I'v seen so far where the implementation of custom themes _PLUS_ symbols is rock-solid) aso......

OK, the sun is shining, my Kayak is waiting eagerly in the garage .... :mrgreen:

best regards
Christian aus der Wachau
Best regards/ Grüsse
Christian
www.openandromaps.org
  •  

ppiter

I don't thought that it is so complicated to create cycle map!
Thanks folks for your reply and the explanation what is necessary. I will wait.

@Christian: I wish you a lot of fun with kayaking! I've paddeled over 25 years RU
  •