Main Menu

Use as a sat nav

Started by Miffo, May 02, 2012, 12:02:59

Miffo

Hi,

I get the feeling that use as a sat nav is something that was added later.  But it's all I'm using it for!  I suspect I'm using just a small percentage of the functionality but sat nav's are very popular so perhaps something could be done to improve that feature.  Mainly - how about an option to configure all the settings to make a good sat nav? I had to change about 5-10 settings to get things working right and also had to download vector maps.

Perhaps there should be a button to just configure everything to that most people would want for sat nav use? Or maybe another version of Locus with all the other features removed and just ones relevant to sat nav - this might tempt the less technical user who just wants a sat nav app.

Cheers.

Peter.
  •  

stebu

As a non-native English speaker, I just want to make sure that I understand the term "sat nav".
I assume that you mean a device (mainly used in cars) that guides you from point A to B along roads. I.e. similar functions that Locus uses through its Navigation function.
  •  

gynta

sat nav? wtf is sat nav? :roll:

Miffo

Quote from: "stebu"As a non-native English speaker, I just want to make sure that I understand the term "sat nav".
I assume that you mean a device (mainly used in cars) that guides you from point A to B along roads. I.e. similar functions that Locus uses through its Navigation function.

Yes. Maybe it's just UK English slang.  Satellite Navigation. A "sat nav" is the thing you put in your car with a screen on it that tells you where to go!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&q=sat+nav
  •  

Menion

ah nice :)

so you mean something like this correct? http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php/manual ... ion_screen

Locus is not primary created for this but you may try menu > functions > navigate to, or just tap on any point on map and in one bottom sub-menu is "navigate to" option. Count that Locus is still only "Online" navigation tool, so you need internet for route compute and recalculation
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •