[Theme] Hiking v0.6

Started by jurajs, May 01, 2012, 02:26:47

PeeKay

Better, but not really fixed!
@jurajs: you're right, i had not the latest version... shame on me! (my version was 900MB, your latest 921MB)

Now i've downloaded the germany map again, insert it new in Locus, clear the cache, and:
the "crosses" are still visible, but not so intensive that before. now it looks like "little straight shadows". See attachment below.

If i switch to theme "classic map" the viewing is OK, no crosses ... but also no contour lines ;)

Because it's now much better. i think it's OK for me... problem solved. ;)
best regards.
Peter
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "jurajs"bad elevation data....
sorry about that, but thats not my fault...
blame nasa ;-)
Talking with Lieutenant McMuffin - (NASA Headquarter 300 E Street Southwest  Washington, DC)
He also has no clue.
Whats next?  :mrgreen:

This bug not appears in the austria/swiss map
btw
in a closer view, you can see some line interruptions

jurajs

hi gynta...

now it is much clearer to me.

alps are combination of sources: dec1 from viewfinderpanoramas and dec3 from nasa. in this case it seems that combining dec1 and dec3 sources is causing a deep (realy deep) and perfectly staight canyon across the land ;-)  

at+ch is combination of sources: dec3 from VFP and dec3 from nasa. here it looks like that there is slightly different elevation data. viewfinderpanoramas should me a bit more precise and should not contain "black holes" - thats how I am calling null data areas. but VFP are  available for some regions only.

i guess there is no chance to have totally perfect elevation data at the moment. You can tell mr. McMuffin that they are not providing complete data ;-) and you can still blame nasa too ;-)

btw: similar lines are also near high tatras in SK (dec1/dec3 edge line) and I dont really care. you Austrians are bloody perfectionsts too ... something like German perfectionists :mrgreen:

jurajs
  •  

ppiter

The hiking theme is very helpful for me. Thank you!
What I'm missing are powerlines. If I integrate power:line and power:pole in the theme it is just the same. No powerlines on the map.

Another problem is I want to see some nodes on lower zoom levels. So I tried to change
         <rule e="node" k="amenity" v="restaurant" zoom-min="15">
            <symbol src="file:/symbols/restaurant.png" />
         </rule>
to          <rule e="node" k="amenity" v="restaurant" zoom-min="13">
            <symbol src="file:/symbols/restaurant.png" />
         </rule>
but nothing happens. Where is my mistake?
  •  

tommi

Only stuff which was put to the generated map (defined in tag-mapping.xml) can be displayed.
I guess that restaurants are only contained in the map starting at zoom level 15.
  •  

jurajs

@tommy62: exactly
@ppiter: see 1st post. details about changes in tag-maping.xml are described there.
  •  

ppiter

Ok, thank you guys. I thought only the settings in the  hiking theme decide on which layer the objects are shown. So there is no chance to have powerlines on the map?
Do you have an idea where the whole process of making a map is shown? Easy to understand for newbies and not for experts?
Thanks ppiter
  •  

jurajs

•  

ppiter

Hi jurajs,

thankx for the links. But this is for experts only. I am no programmer and I want to understand from user's point of view.
  •  

gazoox

very good work
  •  

Loxy

nice theme, thanks for posting! I just downloaded and it works great.
  •  

marc07

the hiking theme is really great, thanks!
is it possible to expand the theme still so that you can see the difficulty of the trail (sac_scale), as tracktype. If the information sac_scale at all in the vector map Alps?
Thanks marc07
  •  

wvmarle

Just installed this theme in combination with the maps from http://www.openandromaps.org

Seems to work - finally I got contour lines again, so no need to rely on my nearly two year old download of OpenCycleMap any more :-) Thanks for the great work!

One issue I found with the theme is that the sea is rendered white, so it's very hard to see where the land ends, and where the sea begins. Other waters (lakes, rivers) are rendered blue... would really appreciate if that could be addressed in a future version.

In a side note, I also found vector maps on http://download.geofabrik.de/ and managed to convert these pbf files to something Locus can handle. Much more up to date (openandromaps is two months old for my area) but no contour info?!
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "wvmarle"Just installed this theme in combination with the maps from http://www.openandromaps.org
Seems to work - finally I got contour lines again, so no need to rely on my nearly two year old download of OpenCycleMap any more :-) Thanks for the great work!
You can also try these two themes from openandromaps.org :
cycle&hike -> http://www.openandromaps.org/wp-content ... aps_hc.zip
MTB -> http://www.openandromaps.org/wp-content ... ps_mtb.zip

wvmarle

Thanks, I got the cycle&hike theme already. A very clear one.
Problem with that one though is that all trails look the same, no distinction between the more proper trails and really rough trails. And that's a big issue for Hong Kong's situation.
  •