Main Menu

RMAP

Started by pbrown, April 28, 2012, 08:32:26

pbrown

I have tried searching but can't seem to find anywhere describing the same issue I am having.

I have some RMAP files and have put them in the map folder but locus does not see them under personal maps.

Any ideas? The RMAP files need to have an rmap extension don't they?

These files are locked I believe but I have the unlock code but i believe the code gets asked for when the map gets openned??
  •  

Menion

hi,
  unfortunately Locus don't know how to handle locked RMAP format. I don't know about a way how to unlock them, sorry
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

pbrown

OK. Makes sense why it doesn't show them then. Thanks for your reply.

I will try and find how to unlock to use in different gps programs but initial searches show this may be a long search.

The maps are licensed to use in 3 devices and my Android phone was going to be the third.
  •  

nIgel

If you are speaking about locked maps in compegps RMAP format:
Forget it!
Those are encrypted and the key depends on your device ID and is in the mkey file. You need a compegps product to view that maps.
  •  

pbrown

Yeh I am. Working on the compregps product but was hoping it was possible to unlock it to use because I believe it has a licence for three devices.

Thanks for the heads up and saving loads of time messing around.

Oh well, the quest will continue for other maps.
  •  

mimichris

I created four maps in RMAP with CompeGPSLand, the largest is 8 MB, the four worked, I created four others, they do not open and are not even detected, is it to the MB, they also 8Mb on average, are we limited the number of cards installed on Locus Free ?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  nono, no limit. There should only be a problem with map itself. I know, it's one of stupid things that Locus do not correctly notify what is wrong with some maps. I'll do something with it soon. Till then, are your maps encrypted? These do not work in Locus. If not, they probably have any not yet supported map projection, so if you send me any sample map on mailto:locus@asamm.com">locus@asamm.com, I'll check it and fix if will be possible
  •  

mimichris

Indeed, these are maps lambert, grid typically French ... That may be why they do not open, but there is no message that says, I do not see them in the directory Maps.
  •  

mimichris

I sent you a mail file rmap.
  •  

Menion

thanks - I have to say that I really hate RMAP format. Every map file have some "type", "projection" and some other parameters. Type in your map is 10. Same as in many other maps I already tested, also projection is known but binary content of file header is completely different. Do you have some choices when you export map to this format? For example to some older version?
  •  

Seppel

I'm having some trouble using RMAPS (created by CompeGPSL or TTQV) with Locus as well. Some work without any problems - others don't even get listed in the Card Manager :(
Would it be possible to give some info (err.log or something like that) why a map did not get listed?

If you want I can send you some (faulty?) maps as well ;)
  •  

nIgel

Quote from: "Seppel"I'm having some trouble using RMAPS (created by CompeGPSL or TTQV) with Locus as well.

If I remember right, TTQV created RMAPS are encrpted due to license restrictions. Can you open your TTQV created RMAPS in CompeGPSLand and in Twonav? Locus doesn't support encrypted RMAPS.
  •  

mimichris

I read four maps that I created with CompeGPSLand in RMAP, but no more, I wanted to read others, Locus has not recognized, why mystery!
  •  

jusc

How big are the maps, which are not read? For maps bigger than 2GB you must use Android 4.x.x, otherwise they will not be recognized.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

I have just created small system in Locus that log all errors that happen during map initialization. Problem is that I have to manually define some special places where error may happen. And because all maps I get by some emails etc. are 1) working or 2) not possible to work, so deleted, so I don't have any not working maps to test now :)

so mimichris, if you map that do not work is smaller, please send me it on email or upload somewhere. I'll test it and fix problem in Locus, or at least create notification for you, what's wrong with particular map
  •