Custom rendering style

Started by ppiter, March 30, 2012, 18:37:42

ppiter

Hi,

with Locus 2.2.0 it is possible to use custom rendering styles in Locus. But there is only one style "osmarender" to choose. How to get a different style?
Thanks
pit
  •  

Menion

Hello Thomas,
  someone have to create some firstly :) - this topic is already discuss here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1739
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ppiter

Hello menion,

ok, thank you for quick answer.
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"Hello Thomas,
  someone have to create some firstly :) - this topic is already discuss here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1739
Oh Menion, what an honor!
But the thing is - as you know - that I was not really successful with my plan to adjust size of housenumbers and street names. It's still not working for me. But this is a different story, I will come back to you soon with a question.

Nevertheless there are at least two themes we have now:
The greennightway theme from brotbuexe: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1739
And the same theme as osmarender but now in the form of files (attached) which can be changed by an user to serve for own experiments.
As already known the theme folders need to be put to the folder Locus/mapsVector/_themes/.
  •  

Menion

nice

I already read about some issue with font sizes on GetSatisfaction I think. It's same issue in their own application with your style? If so, then should be good idea to report this as a issue on their site ...

and if you'll want to put your theme to locus shop, tell me
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"if you'll want to put your theme to locus shop, tell me
Yes, please and as there was actual no work from my side but just adapation to get it working with Locus ("file:") it should be somehow noticed that it comes from mapsforge site.
  •  

Menion

fine, so in this case I need:

- name
- description (some short description directly visible in shop, I think up to cca 100 chars)
- "unlimited" number of URL link pairs (always name of link and itself url, I think it can also be mail: ... ), so for example as you tap on "map cursors  (blue & orange) in locus shop there is "Overview" and URL when you tap on it

EDIT: maybe good idea should be to create new topic under "Tools & Share", something like "Vector maps theme - ThemeName" and link to this theme so you'll be able to get some userfeedback and also place for uploading new version that I'll immediately upload to Locus shop. Just an idea ..
  •  

jusc

I just played a bit with the render theme.  This theme is a little more pale then the osmarender style. If you want you may test it.
Please copy the zip file to your /Locus/mapsVector/_themes and unzip it.
Regards J.
  •  

ppiter

Thanks to tommi62 und jusc for your themes. They work fine!
  •  

Menion

because this topic changed to some global discussion about Vector maps themes, I'm moving it to correct group. Also please Jusc (to you I'll answer by PM), if you'll want publish your themes in Locus shop, create own topic for single theme as did Tommi or Brutbuexe. I'll then add link to your topic from Locus shop so users will be able to add you some feedback if they'll be interested
  •