Was ist die "Azimut Linie"?

Started by franc, March 30, 2012, 07:12:05

franc

Hallo

in Locus Pro gibt es in den Einstellungen unter "Karte - Objekte & Darstellung" die CheckBox "Linie des Azimuts" - "Zeigt die Azimut Linie von der gegenwärtigen Position über den ganzen Bildschirm".
Aktiviert habe ich in der Kartenansicht oft einen dicken Strich mit Pfeilen, der irgendwo hin zeigt.
Was ist das?

franc
Locus Pro - always the actual version on Xiaomi Mi A1 mit Android 9
  •  

gynta

bevor man hier eine wissenschaftliche Abhandlung verfasse muß: google mal danach... ;)

franc

Oh, vielen dank für diesen nützlichen Hinweis ;)
Danke dass du keinen lmgtfy-Link eingefügt hast, z.B. //http://lmgtfy.com/?q="azimut%20linie

Weiß es vielleicht sonst jemand hier?
  •  

tommi

Wie Gynta schon (allerdings ausnahmsweise wenig hilfreich) meinte, ist Azimut kein einfacher Begriff.
In Locus verstehe ich die Azimut-Linie als Linie von der aktuellen GPS-Position aus in Richtung der aktuellen Bewegung. Man kann damit also auf der Karte seinen Kurs oder wohin man sich bewegt sehen.
  •  

franc

Danke!
Azimut kenne ich (ansatzweise) aus der Astronomie, aber das scheint ja was anderes zu sein.
Du hast wohl recht, das könnte die Bewegungsrichtung sein, obgleich ich mir einbilde schon beobachtet zu haben, dass der Bewegungsrichtungspfeil von diesem "Azimut" Strich abwich.

Auf Wikipedia  ist Azimut in der Kartografie ja ein Winkel und keine Richtung:

//http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azimut#Azimute_in_der_Navigation_und_Technik

Quote...In der Kartografie versteht man unter Azimut den im Uhrzeigersinn gemessenen Winkel zwischen geografisch-Nord (Nordpol) und einer beliebigen Richtung (z. B. Marschrichtung, Magnetkompass-Peilung etc.) auf der Erdoberfläche....

Ich muss wohl mal in der englischen Abteilung des Forums fragen, der Entwickler von Locus wird es ja wissen ;)

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1748
  •  

franc

Hello

I asked already in the german subforum but nobody knew it exactly:

What is the "Azimuth line" (from Map objects in the settings) exactly?
See:
http://www.locusmap.eu/support/manual/s ... ap?lang=en

Is it the direction of movement?
I doubt it.

Frank
  •  

Menion

TOPICS merged

Hello Frank,
  if you're familiar with English, as rather directly in English (as we currently discuss here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1747)

about the Azimuth line. Did you played with it already? Just enable and try to go somewhere with enabled GPS. It show your current moving direction as you wrote. But count that on this direction have also effect if you have enabled/disabled support of internal compass (settings or Satellite screen). So if you'll have enabled compass, then this line will show orientation of you phone, not GPS bearing.

and why this? I personally do not use it, but many people found it useful because from small arrow that shows your direction during move (just small icon on map) isn't clear exactly where you go ... this show this precisely over whole screen
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tommi

Menion, I just used azimuth line before I tried to answer Frank's question. For me the line disappears if I do not move though compass enabled and GPS in sync, so information from compass doesn't seem to be used in this case.
  •  

Menion

Hmm I think that it is, it just do not show if you stay calm. You're right that it's probably issue when you have compass enabled right? It should be displayed even if you stay on one place without movement (of course only if you have hardware compass enabled). It's same with "Show view" (under rotate button) right? It's show correctly so in same way should work azimuth line ...
  •  

tommi

Quote from: "menion"Hmm I think that it is, it just do not show if you stay calm. You're right that it's probably issue when you have compass enabled right? It should be displayed even if you stay on one place without movement (of course only if you have hardware compass enabled). It's same with "Show view" (under rotate button) right? It's show correctly so in same way should work azimuth line ...
If compass is disabled and GPS measurement says you are moving, azimuth line is displayed
If compass is disabled but GPS measurement says speed is 0.0, the azimuth line is not displayed, independent of hardware compass setting.
Yes, the yellow "Show view" cone is displayed if hw compass is enabled and show view setting active.
  •  

Menion

yes, that's how I see it also. So it's a wrong system right? Azimuth line should be displayed in same way as "Show view", correct? I'm going to fix it ...

franc: everything clear?
  •  

Gammalerik

Thanks for moving this topic into English:)

The azimuth line is actually a misnomer, for its real term is "Course Bearing" (the direction you actually move).

There is often some confusion in the terms being used with navigation. What is used most are the following:
-Course: The waypoint (line) you have plotted on your map
-Course Bearing: "Azimuth Line" in Locus. The actual way you are moving to.
-Heading: The direction the nose of your ship or plane is pointing at. (true and magnetic are also used)
-Bearing: The number you get when you turn your compass at something.

At land, "course bearing" and "heading" will be the same. But at sea or in a plane those number will differ because of wind and drift. If you have a strong wind or current from the sides, your plane or ship will end up at a different place than your nose (heading) originally pointed to. The "course bearing" will then have had a deviation from the "heading".
  •  

Menion

ah thanks ... so what should be best name for "Azimuth line"? "Course bearing line"? :)

I choose this name because in czech, we call moving direction "Azimut" so ...
  •  

Gammalerik

"Course bearing line" will do just fine in English:)
  •  

tommi

o.k., we don't have an azimuth line anymore, aah, what was the problem of frank and me? ;-)
  •