Joining Maps

Started by davidvincentjones, March 14, 2012, 17:56:09

pvb

Quote from: "Starman"Now I gotcha! You want to look at the map on a real computer. Yes, that would involve a conversion of the sqlite, something I have not done. I am not a GIS professional, so at this point, I invite one of the heavy hitters to jump in here.

Starman

Have a look at mobile atlas creator (MOBAC - http://mobac.sourceforge.net/). I allows conversion between various formats, including various mobile formats and Google Earth. See if you format is there too, and if so, you can convert it to Google Earth. A Google Earth layer is not a proper GIS raster layer that can be edited, but at least you can view the whole map on your desktop.
  •  

Starman

Hmm,
I have had four maps in one folder, I think the limit is ten, but mine were not that large.
I wonder if the normal 2GB limit applies to the TOTAL file size in this case.
How large are your two files?
"I saw the angel in the marble, and carved until I set him free." -  Michelangelo
  •  

Menion

I cannot help in main topic discussion but I can answer some partial questions:
- limit 2GB is on single file, so you can have 3 x 2GB files in subdirectory and it should work!
- subdirectory system works only with SQLite maps, so you have downloaded maps in SQLite or TAR format?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "tramp20"
Quote from: "Starman"...and place both swiss maps inside that directory...Locus would see them as one map.
this trick does not work for me:
Testing with pro 2.1.1 (17.03.2012)
creating 2 demomaps (munich and vienna) and place both maps inside an "outdoor" directory. -> works for me:

tramp20

Quote from: "gynta"
Quote from: "tramp20"
Quote from: "Starman"...and place both swiss maps inside that directory...Locus would see them as one map.
this trick does not work for me:
Testing with pro 2.1.1 (17.03.2012)
creating 2 demomaps (munich and vienna) and place both maps inside an "outdoor" directory. -> works for me:

Thank you, I see :-(

but not on my display.
Are there special settings? I searched through all menus.

Edit: My maps are created online with Locus and of course not all tiles in all zoom steps are present for my neighborhood.
Could this disturb the map processing in Locus?
I now create two new maps with MOBAC and report tomorrow.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

in case of troubles I offer help if you send me your maps or some not working sample ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

davidvincentjones

Thank you for your offer of help .... within Locus everything is working correctly; this is not the question.

I would simply like to view the maps that I have downloaded from your site all at the same time on my computer screen.

It sounds like a simple idea but I appear unable to find a linux program that will open a"sqlitedb" file and display one or more at the same time.

Somebody mentioned Mobile Atlas Creator, which I have now installed, but how would I use it ... not very intuitive!
  •  

pvb

Quote from: "davidvincentjones"Thank you for your offer of help .... within Locus everything is working correctly; this is not the question.

I would simply like to view the maps that I have downloaded from your site all at the same time on my computer screen.

It sounds like a simple idea but I appear unable to find a linux program that will open a"sqlitedb" file and display one or more at the same time.

Somebody mentioned Mobile Atlas Creator, which I have now installed, but how would I use it ... not very intuitive!

It is indeed not very intuitive. I created a small tutorial to convert a Google earth tiled map to RMaps SQLite, which is a format Locus can read: //http://pvanb.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/create-mobile-maps/. Although your conversion is the other way around, it might gives you some clues where to start. But first check if MOBAC can handle your file format. It can handle RMaps SQLite, which is the format Locus normally uses I think. The MOBAC website lists the formats, or otherwise, click the button 'new' under the 'Atlas content' box in MOBAC.
  •  

davisdesigns

Quote from: "Starman"If your swiss maps are sqlite, I believe if you were to create the directory:

Locus/maps/Swiss  

and place both swiss maps inside that directory, they would remain seperate, but Locus would see them as one map.

When i created a folder and added it,  i always get "proses unsuccessful"  ??
  •  

davisdesigns

figured it out,  I had to download a new map into the folder before it would be recognized.  Also i found if you move a map into a different folder it wont be recognized until you save a new area into the moved map.

If you move a map file under into a new folder the name still shows up in the previous directory until you clear the cache.
  •