Vector map not recognized

Started by danube, March 09, 2012, 11:02:59

danube

Hi folks!

I'm a bit lost here, as this is my first try to use a vector map in Locus.
I'm running Locus Pro 2.0.2 and have downloaded Vietnam.osm.map as being instructed by //http://vectormaps4locus.eu/content/how.

So I downloaded from the link provided to get a part of Southeast Asia, Vietnam. According to the How-To, nothing has to be done with the file (only with packed files, but this is one of the not packed ones, according to the file extension).

So I placed the file into the directory /sdcard/Locus/mapsVector/. The directory already existed, which I guess is okay.

According to the How-To, I now can start Locus & enjoy. Fail. In Locus, I open the maps manager and go to vector tab, but no map is shown up here. Just some common text how and where to get new maps. Is that the correct place to select maps? As in the personal tab, with offline non-vector maps?

Okay, I hope all the details are described to help me out. Hope it's just simple.

Biggest Fan,
Tom
  •  

Menion

hmm weird, you did all correct. May you check extension of map if really ends with ".map"?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Hi,

much more interesting is the fact, if this is the only map that doesn't work for you?
May you try some other file from this site?

Cheers
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

gynta

Mapinfo: vietnam.osm.map - 44.4MB - Date:18.01.2012 - works for me.

btw.
if u load it - but u dont see it on the mainscreen
load the map as follows:
In the mainscreen zoom to 100KM (62Miles)
change to map-manager
tapping the name(!) "vietnam" and choose "center map"

danube

Quote from: "gynta"Mapinfo: vietnam.osm.map - 44.4MB - Date:18.01.2012 - works for me.
It's good to know that the map is okay. Could you possibly get me a md5sum of the file you've downloaded? To know this, I can be sure the file is good.
Thanks, gynta!
  •  

gynta

sorry i dont know how i can create a checksum.
btw.
pls check the little ziped(example)map in the attachement. (bahrain.osm.map)
and be sure the filename is bahrain.osm.map in Locus/mapsVector/

tommi

Danube, in addition you could cross check with the reference app for Mapsforge maps: AdvancedMapViewer (unfortunately not available on Google Play Store aka Android market but only on developers site):
http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/down ... -0.2.4.apk
  •  

Starman

I get a more current version of vietnam.osm.map if downloaded from the in-app store.
43.93MB dated 10 FEB 2012
Displays fine.
Danube, try the store!
"I saw the angel in the marble, and carved until I set him free." -  Michelangelo
  •  

danube

Thanks for all your replies. This was, and for me still is, kind of weird.
Scanning my system, I found three different Locus folders:

* /sdcard/Locus
* /sdcard/external_sd/Locus
* /emmc/Locus (or /mnt/emmc/Locus, which is the same)

I came through different ROM's and never had focus on where Locus saves data. I've always downloaded pixel maps through Locus, so I didn't care at all.

Bottom line: Copying the map file under /sdcard/external_sd/Locus was the right and working place. Anyway, this is NOT my external SD! :shock: The external SD is mounted under /emmc, not /sdcard/external_sd. Okay, that's cosmetic, but what's the cleanest solution for this? Of course it'd be cool to have the Locus folder on the REAL external.

Tom
  •  

Menion

it's little bit problematic with SD card location in android because it's unknown information :). Anyway when you take whole locus folder and place it on your REAL external card, it should work without problems, so try it
  •  

danube

Unfortunately nope. When moving the folder from source to destination, Locus creates a new folder in the location from where it was moved out.
  •  

Menion

hmm and what is "/sdcard/external_sd" directory? It's just path to current internal memory?

EDIT: never mind, I changed a little bit current system so Locus will firstly search for some existing directories and even then, create some new. So if you delete all Locus dirs except one on sd card, it should work. Check next version
  •  

danube

Correct, this is (now) part of my internal. On a previous ROM it used to be the path to the external. But now with another ROM brand, this has changed.
Can I set or modify this path in Locus?
  •  

Menion

no modify is not possible. Anyway as I wrote in "EDIT" ... wait till next release and then we'll continue with improving if there still be a problem
  •  

danube

Awesome. Thanks!
  •