[APP] - version 2.0.X

Started by Menion, February 24, 2012, 10:17:53

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"lloks like a conspiracy against new version :)

babi, gynta: zoom level of vector map or every map? So you end application with zoom let's say 12, and when you start locus again, there is different value?
tramp: are you sure? Seems you're leader of this conspiracy :))

To the zoom level:
1. I start locus with a vector map and a track.
2. I change to a sqlitedb map: the zoom level seems to be the same.
3. I restart locus then (!! next problem below!!) and change now to the vector map again the zoom level is some steps smaller.

New problem after point 3: the sqlitedb map is loaded with a small zoom level, the track is shown in the same size as before, but I can shift the map independent from the track. After the next change to vector maps and back this behavior has gone. I could reproduce this several time. In v1.16.3 I did not see this.

Edit: I will stop testing today.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "tramp20"But the problem still exists that the processor runs now at 10 % higher than with locus pro v.1.16.3 and even after stopping the v2.0.0.3 the processor load is 10 % higher as before. I have to reboot the phone to get a deeper load (with the 1.16.3 all is perfect).

what you mean "even after stopping"? When you close Locus by dialog (Yes close), then even after that you have 10% higher CPU usage then with closed 1.16.3? This is not possible because Locus close itself with unix 'kill' command so there will not be any background process or something like this.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"
Quote from: "tramp20"But the problem still exists that the processor runs now at 10 % higher than with locus pro v.1.16.3 and even after stopping the v2.0.0.3 the processor load is 10 % higher as before. I have to reboot the phone to get a deeper load (with the 1.16.3 all is perfect).

what you mean "even after stopping"? When you close Locus by dialog (Yes close), then even after that you have 10% higher CPU usage then with closed 1.16.3? This is not possible because Locus close itself with unix 'kill' command so there will not be any background process or something like this.

Yes, exactly.
I saw this since the first v2.0.0.x,  on my phone I can reproduce this.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

I don't know but when I close locus (with confirmation) and then immediately after that go to some task manager, locus after around a 5 sec disappear because is killed by system. How is then possible to take some CPU usage when process is killed?
  •  

dibrial

After importing caches into Locus via the G4L add-on, the whole categorie in which they are imported is not shown anymore and has to be activated again. Is this a Locus or G4L issue?
  •  

dibrial

When long clicking on a location and selecting G4L, the current GPS coords are shown in the add-on and not the clicked coords. Is this a Locus or G4L issue?
  •  

Menion

1. check "View after import" when you import new data
2. update to Locus 2.0.1
  •  

dibrial

Got it. Thanks.
  •  

jusc

Sorry,  but I can't see any of the problems which are discussed here with the market version 2.0.0.
All works fine. (Loads fast vector maps with the same zoom level as before and no problems with CPU or RAM on SGS2. Are you sure, that it is a problem
of Locus?
Tapatalk@SGS2
Regards J.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: "jusc"...vector maps with the same zoom level as before...
talking about sqlitedb...

Now works fine. thx Menion.

sukmar

I just updated to 2.0.1 pro and all problems have gone, thanks a lot for the quick help!

@jusc: Perhaps it was an issue on low peformance devices but not everyone has or wants such high power devices.

Especially for the outdoor usage a long lasting battery is more important than a fast CPU!
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: "menion"I don't know but when I close locus (with confirmation) and then immediately after that go to some task manager, locus after around a 5 sec disappear because is killed by system. How is then possible to take some CPU usage when process is killed?

Good morning,
with the new v2.0.1 all my problems with Locus have gone :-)

Thank you for your hard work yesterday.

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

uff, good to hear!
  •  

corbas

OK, i have just download new locus pro from market, and vector maps are working well. Very fast redraw, tnx
  •  

Menion

So seems, no more serious issues. Perfect ...

Now I have another question and wish on you. Posting testing version here on forum is nice, anyway I usually see after few days around 100 downloads but only few of you (and always same people) react and communicate with me about problems of testing version etc. I also sometimes do not want to post new version for testing because I'm not sure if version is ready and perfectly working etc ... so: my idea is, that I'll create and share one folder on dropbox, that will server as testing directory for communication. People that will be invited will have access for testing versions (if they'll want to test), also ability to simply post some logs or wrongly handled files directly to me etc ... what you think? If you agree (and you're at least little bit known here on forum :) ), send me you name for invitation by PM ... or any better idea?

PS: I have rewrote today (damn whole day work) completely system for KML handling. Nothing changed in usability but helped me and opened space for future improvements, so I'll be glad to test some more KML files then few I have home. Yes and also I have done one nice surprise that you'll for sure like ...

PS2: if you don't have dropbox account, create one here http://db.tt/0k2Hrde ;) (this gives me also 250MB, just for your info)
  •