Locus Shop

Started by Menion, February 08, 2012, 13:27:05

Menion

ciao Qx,
  I was firstly worried that you have troubles with purchase. Seems ok on server, as you wrote.

About download. I expect that user who buy some tiles for downloading, already know how locus system for maps downloading works :). Some description is already here http://www.locusmap.eu/support/manual/h ... ad-viewing, this may helps you. I also suggest to test downloading on some free maps, like MapQuest. Here you can download as you want and test how whole locus system works. If you'll be skilled and satisfied, you can enable OpenCycleMaps for download and use them

feel free to ask in case of troubles but I'm sure, that downloading mechanism in Locus is clear enough

EDIT: ah and about "Dialog_billing_not_supported_ID" ... on this usually helps restart of application anyway this is some issue in Locus and I'll look on it
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

qx87

oh, thx for the "help for dummies"

next problem.

app says "purchase more credits in the shop" although I have 15k tiles left.

So, I downloaded some cyclemap tiles, and some more, and more, squezed them all into one big file, now I want to download some more, but the app thinks I have no credit left (in that download dialog) whereas the shop displays my real TileCredit.

what to do?

I hope it´s not again one of those rtfm questions.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
  if there is some problem, it's definitely not a "rtfm" question :). I'm testing your account. When I go to Locus Shop, I can see you have 15300 tiles not yet used, correct? Then I select Cyclo map, go to Download tab and choose This screen for example. No problem so far. On screen, where you select zoom level you want to download also no problem ...

so may you please describe me more precisely on which screen you have problem? Thanks and sorry for such problem. Locus Shop is currently really more Beta version then bug-free system but I'm sure it will work fine!
  •  

tramp20

Hi menion,
will you include later maps of OutdoorActive.com in your shop?
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  I have to send them offer. They was communicating with me, It was also on good way, but then ... nothing. No response ... anyway I'm sure I'll find some same talk with them
  •  

qx87

hi Menion,

after a nights rest all is good now, but I´ll try to explain where the problem started anyway.

On the download Tab if I try to click any option there, the "pls buy credits" window appeared.

thx
  •  

Menion

thanks, I'll check it. Maybe there were incorrectly downloaded your purchase stats. Hope all will work fine for you, in case of troubles, feel free to contact me
  •  

qx87

hi, me again,

concerning offline opencyclemaps, and bad planning.

I assume:
When I download additional Map Data and merge it with an existing offline map, that data will only be downloaded when its not already in the old map file. No double downloads.
correct?

What I want:
A map zoom lvl 15 (I don´t even know if lvl 15 is reasonable or too much for cycling) along a 700km track.
-I have the track
-I have one big cluttered map in several zoom lvls, with holes along the way for zoom lvl 15.
-9000 tiles left in the shop.

So, what is the best course of action to fill the holes in my map?
-Downloading along the track, combining with the existing map, was my first thought.
But then the app calculates the "tiles to download" (In my case 100 000 tiles) before it combines the data with the existing map. So there is no way for me to see how big the real download will be after that merge of old and new map data. So it´s a shot in the dark, and I don´t want to waste credits on double downloads.

-Another option I can think of. moving along the track in lvl 15, find mapholes, download/merge the data piece by piece. That would be the tedious way of the Samurai I guess.

-third option. Buy lots more credits, and this time download in a more methodical manner.

Any tips are appreciated ;)
  •