Error in rmap calibration

Started by krzysiekz, January 20, 2012, 20:49:44

krzysiekz

I've made some maps in compegps land in rmap format. Maps works fine, but latest updates makes them useles. I've got map with center in my home location, but locus says coorditanes are beyond map borders. In compegps maps works, and so in first updates with rmap.
  •  

Menion

hmm, may you please send me one small sample map? I'll fix it to (probably tomorrow) release, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

krzysiekz

Here is sample map and wpt that should be in west edge of the lake in the center of map. In locus wpt is where it should be, but map is not there.
  •  

Menion

thanks, fixed
  •  

nIgel

It is better now but my RMAPS are still a view hundred meters off North and slightly east. RMAP projection is Transversal Mercator and date is WGS 84.
I'm using the newest Locus Pro version, just bought it on Androidpit. My offline vector maps are shown correct.
  •  

Menion

hmm, I have around 10 maps for testing and all are calibrated correctly. May you send me some small sample? Because UTM have to work correctly
  •  

nIgel

Tried to export a small part but Locus refuses to open it. Compegps is opening it though.
Attached.

Upps it has a different projection. I'll keep trying to export a small part from the original map.
  •  

nIgel

Did  another try with the same projection. (UTM)
But this is shown correctly.
Strange. My original map has a size of 800MB and I have problems to export parts of the maps. Compegps is just refusing to do it. :roll:
Don't know what to do with that.

Another problem:
Don't know why but my installation of Locus just decided to switch into the free version again. Thats a little disapointing since I paid for it only hours ago. It could be related that I have only an androidpit account and no google-one, since google refused to let me register (I tried for hours). Internet is not permanently on since I don't own a flatrate. Ups, after connecting to the WLAN it is back to pro again but keeps nagging sometimes that it needs access to internet after an update to check registration.
  •  

nIgel

Some more tests show:
If the created RMAP is small no problem with the projection (at last I was able to create one but this shows no error). If they are bigger they have this tendency to be either some hundred meters to far off north or south, depending on the position.
  •  

Menion

fine, but I don't know what is your "small" or "big". I have here some maps in UTM around 300MB, is this big? They seems to be correct. I really need some map for testing because without map "in hands" I cannot simply check where is problem
  •  

nIgel

I'll upload one (800MB[in this case medium size for me]) to Mediafire and PM you the links. It will take some time and the file will be splitted. BTW small was 1MB in this case.
Did you read the second question?
  •  

Menion

perfect thanks, and second - yes sorry forget to answer. Licence is checked only first time you have internet connection. Then is this check stored and you'll no more need internet for this licence control. Successful check is notified by small popup "Licence validated". Anyway if you have some problems with this (this sometimes happen when application have problem with storing settings data), I suggest to reset Locus settings which will force to re-check licence again. Don't forget to be online after that :)
  •  

Menion

thanks for map. Problem finally found and solved. Issue was in wrong UTM strip used for calibration

so you may also delete map from sharing site!
  •  

nIgel

Thanks a lot, hope to try it out soon! Version is not published till now? My HDD crashed yesterday. Still busy with recovery if it is possible.
  •  

Menion

not yet, release will be today. good luck with recovery!
  •